Providence is calling a Central Supply Tech I (Full Time/Evening Shift ) to Providence Little Company Of Mary Torrance Hospital in Torrance, CA.
We are seeking a Central Supply Tech I who will process, sterilize equipment and instrumentation. The Tech I issues and receives supplies and equipment according to established procedures and maintains an accurate inventory to reflect a real-time status. The Tech I is responsible for receiving and responding to all calls for product, equipment and supplies.
In this position you will:
- Central Services - Materials
- Receive and issues internal orders for stock and non-stock items insuring that:
- Order are delivered in a timely manner. Minimum order quantities are met
- Order for emergencies are expedited immediately to ensure patient care needs are met
- Assist with the maintenance of the computerized inventory control system, so that it accurately reflects activity in real time as needed
- Provide effective communication with departments served concerning late deliveries, substitutes, and back orders
- Work with Central staff personnel to review daily the inventory stock items on hand levels
- Assist with annual physical inventory
- Assist or relieve co-workers during illness or vacations
- All products, equipment, and supplies must be delivered with-in 10 minutes of a call, stats must be delivered immediately
- Central Service - Sterilization
- Insure that the processing system for instrumentation is maintained, inspections are done, and policies are followed in conjunction with the Central Service Tech II on a daily basis
- Insure that sterilization logs, records, biologics, tapes and books are updated and accurate on a daily basis
- Inventory medical supply carts in the Hospital and replenishes supplies upon delivery of product from consolidated warehouse
- Pull medical product for LUM from CS inventory on weekends
- Conduct inventory via hand held scanner and data will be downloaded into Meditech at designated download station
- Experience in general office practices and procedures
- Basic knowledge of computerized inventory management
- Ability to communicate effectively with people served
- Working knowledge of Sterilization procedures to include all state regulations, CDC recommendations, and ARON standards
- One (1) year experience in Central Service
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Saint John’s Health Center in Santa Monica, California, is part of Providence Health & Services, an integrated, not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, medical clinics, home health services, affiliated services and educational facilities in the western United States. Founded in 1942, Providence Saint John’s Health Center enjoys a reputation for clinical excellence across many disciplines.
The 266-bed health center has a medical staff of more than 900 physicians, 1,800 employees and a host of volunteers who share a commitment to providing quality care for all.