Central Verification Office Manager
Oversees the operations of the Piedmont Healthcare Central Verification Office (CVO) to develop,
manage and monitor processes and procedures that support the credentialing, re-credentialing,
privileging, expirables and delegated credentialing contract processes.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related healthcare field required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Five (5) years of experience in Medical Staff Services or Central Verification Office.
One (1) of these years including leadership experience.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Certified Professional Medical Services Management (CPMSM) and/or Certified Provider Credentialing
Experience with promoting excellent customer service.
Experience in healthcare.
Supervisory experience including, but not limited to interviewing, hiring, training, conducting performance
reviews, performance improvement initiatives and terminations.
1. Plans, organizes and directs the credentialing verification program for Piedmont Healthcare. Directs
and participates in all aspects of the credentialing functions for appointments and reappointments.
Leads these functions with a comprehensive and technologically driven verification and data
2. Interprets, develops and implements practices of all systems and functions to ensure continuous
compliance by regulatory agencies and accrediting bodies (DNV, CMS, etc.). Participates in
development and review of CVO Operating policies and procedures, Managed Care Delegated
Credentialing policies and procedures. Develops, recommends and/or implements changes,
revisions and enhancements as appropriate to current operating environment.
3. Prepares for and coordinates credentialing audits in compliance with the managed care delegated
4. Functions as primary credentials and privileging contact for all internal and external inquiries.
5. Provides on-site consultations across PHC with regards to credentialing and privileging practices and
services; prepares and conducts credentialing and privileging orientations and provides updates as
appropriate on new policies and procedures.
6. Manages the credentialing and privileging database; monitors critical data for extensive analysis and
7. Directs and manages the strategic and daily activities of the department. Supervision of personnel,
which includes work allocation, training, promotion, enforcement of internal procedures and controls
and problem resolution, evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions,
motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance. Promotes ongoing education.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Skill and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in-writing.
• Skill and ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
• Ability to work as a member of a team.
• Skill and ability in Microsoft Office applications.
• Skill and ability in CACTUS.
Job Field: Medical Staff Affairs
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Atlanta-2727 Paces Ferry Rd
Organization: Piedmont Healthcare Corporate
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Apr 17, 2019, 5:41:56 PM