Come and grow your career with Kindred Hospitals, a division of Company. Our culture of caring for our patients and residents begin with our core values – our employees. We are committed to fostering professional growth and dedicated healthcare teams that make us the provider of choice. We embrace a diverse workforce and understand that hiring outstanding people is the key to providing quality care – and quality care is what we do every day! Join us!
In this key role the Chief Executive Officer job will meet the identified needs of your service region with quality medical care and health service programs. Your main responsibility will be to plan, direct, and control all functions of the hospital in keeping with the Governing Board's policies and regulatory guidelines. You will enforce your strong leadership skills to ensure efficient, economical and effective utilization of hospital resources.
- Ensure that affordable health care is provided by the acquisition, utilization and organization of human, financial and physical resources and develop improved techniques and practices
- Establish long-range plans to support the hospital's values, vision, customer service and general objectives
- Organize hospital functions through delegation of duties, appropriate departmentalization and maintaining accountability from managers
- Recommend hospital policy positions to the Governing Board regarding legislation, government, administrative policy and other public policies
- Design and implement an effective Business Plan to meet hospital occupancy goals and objectives
- Recommend personnel policies to support patient care and ensure that accurate and complete personnel records are maintained
- Review and act on inspecting agencies' reports
- Prepare annual budget including internal financial controls
- Integrate the hospital with the community through effective communication and public relations
- Maintain professional affiliations to enhance professional growth and remain current with the latest trends in hospital administration
Bachelors degree in healthcare administration, business administration, finance, or clinical specialty.
Masters degree in healthcare administration, business administration, or clinical specialty preferred. Equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may substitute for education requirements.
Five years senior-level experience in healthcare administration/management, preferably in a hospital setting, with experience in facility operations management, human resources management and/or finance.
Two years experience at Chief Executive Officer level preferred.
Multi-site healthcare management experience preferred.
Graduate level education may substitute on a year-to-year basis for the required experience.