*20/21 Cert Pool Postings/Specialist: Librarian,Counselor,Dean,PE,ELL
To be determined
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. This list is meant to be representative, not exhaustive. Some incumbents may not perform all the duties listed while in other cases related duties may also be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work closely with building administrators and be a team player.
- Promote and support a school climate that enhances safety, academic rigor, personal/social, and career development.
- Clear, detailed and effective communicate with administrators and staff.
- Follow through in a timely manner when asked by staff, the Principal or other administrators to complete a task.
- Prepare, monitor and coordinate 504 plans.
- Participate and attend grade level IEP meetings.
- Be visible throughout the day and greet scholars as they arrive and depart from the campus.
- Actively monitor and supervise scholars at breakfast, lunch and after school.
- Highly visible, accessible, energetic and committed to the social and academic success of middle level scholars.
- Work closely with grade-level teams to ensure that scholars demonstrate positive behavior and that the teams are fostering a learning and collaborative culture
- Support and coach teachers with scholars who need re-teaching opportunities, and follow the PBIS plan with fidelity to support all scholars.
- Work closely with the Administrative Team to ensure consistency in discipline across the school.
- Support teachers in developing plans to support positive behavior.
- Serve as a model for the staff for effective student discipline and re-teaching.
- Work hard to proactively engage all parents and interact with them in a positive way.
- Compose a wide variety of materials for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference and/or conveying information
- Facilitate communication between personnel, scholars and/or parents for the purpose of evaluating situations, solving problems and/or resolving conflicts
- Facilitate meetings, processes, etc. for the purpose of meeting curriculum guidelines and/or ensuring that state mandates are achieved
- Manage a variety of school administrative functions (site discipline plan, school schedule, assigned personnel, summer school, etc.) for the purpose of enforcing school, district and state policy and maintaining safety and efficiency of school operations.
- Present information for the purpose of communicating information, gaining feedback and ensuring adherence to established internal controls
- Support the administrative team for the purpose of providing assistance with administrative functions.
- Prepare agenda and facilitate PLC meetings.
- Familiarity with standards based education, learning targets and Common Core Standards.
Education and Experience
Current Washington State Teacher’s Certificate with appropriate subject area endorsement(s)
Three (3) years of successful teaching experience
Work scheduled hours on a consistent basis
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT:
Criminal background clearance
Current trends and practices in education
Instructional theory and its application
Techniques to motivate student learning via inquiry, discussion, and application of knowledge
Organizing the physical and human elements in the educational setting
Instructional and non-instructional human dynamics
Standards-based instruction and familiarity with Washington State Essential Academic Learning Requirements
School board policies and procedures
Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Maintain effective working relationships with other people.
Operate a variety of modern office equipment including microcomputers and related software.
Provide instructional leadership
Organize and set priorities
Work independently with minimal supervision.
Adapt instructional materials and strategies to accommodate the wide range of skills which exist in a classroom.
Apply current trends and practices in education
Teach in a multi-cultural and mainstream setting
Use technology to enhance instruction
Be fair and consistent with all students
Provide guidance and assistance to students
Meet responsibilities in a punctual and reliable manner
Comply with school board policies and follow administrative procedures.
Organize and perform job responsibilities efficiently and independently without close supervision and able to pay strict attention to detail
Communicate effectively through spoken and written word; read and follow written or verbal communications
Practice effective safety and security within individual work routines
Develop and maintain positive customer relations with staff and service providers
Work collaboratively with District staff and promote teamwork with co-workers
Practice ethical and professional standards of conduct including the requirements of confidentiality
Relate effectively with parents, staff, students and the public in a multicultural and multiracial community
Perform job responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES RELATED TO CULTURAL COMPETENCE AND EQUITY:
Knowledge/awareness of own cultural identity and how this influences behavior, and desire to learn about the cultural identity of others.
Ability to establish and nurture an environment that promotes cultural competence and equitable treatment of staff, students, and patrons of the District.
Ability to understand and hold self and others accountable for promoting the Federal Way Public Schools’ commitment to “Each Scholar: A Voice. A Dream. A Bright Future.”
Ability to recognize that each person is a unique individual even as we celebrate their group cultural heritage.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach above and below their shoulders and bend/twist at the waist. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in indoor conditions and regularly works near video display. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position is a school year position.
Position reports to and will be evaluated by the building administrator, or designee
Federal Way Education Association (FWEA)
LEVEL OF COMPENSATION
Federal Way Education Association (FWEA) Salary Schedule
The preceding list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary. The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the scope of responsibility and the level of knowledge and skills typically required, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements, skills or duties so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
All employment open positions are made available on a nondiscriminatory basis without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, gender, age, disability or veteran status.
Job descriptions are written as a representative list of the ADA essential duties performed by the entire classification. They cannot include, and are not intended to include, every possible activity and task performed by every specific employee.