Illinois Bone & Joint Institute, LLC. (IBJI), Chicagoland’s premier orthopaedic medical practice with several Chicago and NW suburban locations, has a full time opening for a Certified Athletic Trainer to work for an Orthopaedic Surgeon (upper extremity) at its offices in Hinsdale and Naperville.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with daily clinic tasks of rooming patients
- Assessing patients with upper extremity related injuries and illnesses and providing treatment in accordance with the plan established by a Registered Physical Therapist.
- Contributing relevant information impacting on plan of treatment reviews, patient case review conferences, patient reassessments and outcome results.
- Actively involving and educating patients regarding their therapy program and outcome goals.
- Assessing patient progress and consults, as needed/required with physical therapist and other treatment team members to maintain, modify, or change the therapy treatment to accomplish established goals.
- Instructing patients, as necessary, in a written therapy home program.
- Fitting and educates patients in the use of DME
- Ensuring completion of all required documentation of patient care services and receipt of co-signatures as required.
- Documenting patient treatment, daily progress, weekly summaries and discharge reports in medical chart, and on other appropriate forms, in accordance with the Therapy Center’s objectives.
- Attending clinical conferences presented by the physician of Hinsdale Orthopaedics and outside professionals.
- Attending and participating, as requested, in rehabilitation in-service programs.
- Responding to patient phone calls and inquiries
- Assisting in surgery
Skills and Education
- NATA-BOC Certified Athletic Trainer with current Illinois licensure or eligible
- Bachelors degree in Athletic Training
- Current CPR/AED
- Two years Athletic Trainier experience (strongly preferred)
- Orthopaedic Technologist certification preferred, but will consider candidates willing to obtain certification by the end of 2021.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational and technical skills
- Basic knowledge of computer software
We offer competitive salary and benefits.