To be considered for this position, please follow this link and complete our Employee Assessment!
This position must provide management for the Dietary Department, ensuring quality food. The Dietary Manager will direct and assist the preparation and serving of regular meals and therapeutic diets, order food and supplies and maintain area and equipment in sanitary condition, and assure the smooth operation with other nursing home departments.
Dietary Management Functions
- Must have basic knowledge of dietetic principles, food sanitation and food service production.
- Is responsible for food purchase, production and timely service of meals.
- Purchases food products and supplies from approved vendors.
- Maintains cost records and works to meet budget guidelines.
- Checks in and inventories incoming food and supplies.
- Assures proper storage is available and that the handling of food and supplies complies with current guidelines.
- Processes new diet orders and diet changes when received from nursing services and keeps diet cards up to date in Point Click Care.
- Assures food and supplies are available for use by dietary department.
- Audits resident trays for accuracy.
- Maintains the standardized recipes in which the recipes are adjusted to the size of the facility.
- Visits residents on admission to record food preferences and promote a quality food service.
- Inspects dietary department regularly to ensure that it is safe and sanitary.
- Updates Dining Room seating chart as needed.
- Inspects storage areas on an ongoing basis for proper temperatures, cleanliness and order. Assists in cleaning procedures as needed.
- Visits residents at least once per quarter to update and keep food preferences current.
- Receives frequently scheduled consultations from a qualified dietitian or other clinically qualified nutrition professional.
Employee Management Functions
- Directs and supervises all dietary functions and personnel.
- Develop cleaning schedules and other dietary management tools for employees to follow.
- Schedules work hours and assignments in Paylocity and reviews payroll for accuracy.
- Is responsible in assuring each shift is properly staffed.
- Hires, orients, trains, counsels, disciplines, and when appropriate, terminates dietary employees.
- Reviews staff performance and completes employee reviews on a timely basis.
- Evaluates work performance and gives evaluations to employees.
- Is responsible for knowing, understanding and conveying to other dietary staff personnel the Federal and State rules and regulations regarding nursing home dietary requirements and is responsible for their enforcement within the scope of the Dietary Department
- Must have associate’s or higher degree in food service management or in hospitality
- Is licensed or certified as a dietitian or nutrition professional by the State in which the services are performed
- Absolute and complete professionalism and confidentiality continually maintained.
- Has completed at least 900 hours of supervised dietetics practice under the supervision of a registered dietitian or nutrition professional.
- Must be able to work productively with other department heads and personnel, and the dietary consultants.
- Must be able to work at the minimum of 40 hours a week with some evening and weekends.
- Must possess exceptional organizational and communication skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to relate positively, effectively, and appropriately with residents, families, community members, volunteers, and other facility staff.
- A special interest in working with long term residents and the elderly is preferred.
- Must have the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Working knowledge of office machines, such as copiers, scanners, faxes, phone systems, etc.
- General computer literacy and good knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Must attend and participate in continuing education programs and all mandatory in-services;
- Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability;
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred.