Certified Genetic Counselor – Telegenetic Position: Hereditary Cancer
By providing web-based solutions for expert genetic counseling, Metis Genetics increases the accessibility and availability of genetic counseling to support the increased use of genetic testing.
- Provide both pre-test and test results genetic counseling to patients via Metis’ telegenetic platform
- Assess recurrence risk and recommend medical or genetic testing based on risk, benefit, and cost
- Provide genetic counseling support to physicians and laboratory staff
- Contribute to the establishment of telegenetic counseling best practices
- Assist with the development and validation of genetic counseling services as needed
- Autonomous and independent board-certified genetic counselor
- 2+ years of clinical experience in hereditary cancer, inclusive of attending tumor boards
- Excellent technology skills (Word, Excel and G Suite) and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Knowledge of EMRs preferred
- Based upon the candidate’s location, travel potentially required and up to 20%
- External hires must pass a background check and drug screen
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Ability to counsel patients in multiple languages
- Experience with video counseling
- Demonstrated analytic and diagnostic reasoning skills
- Flexible work schedule, location and counseling responsibilities
- Contribute to an environment where collaboration & cross-over of domain expertise (genomics, computer science, medicine, data science, finance, clinical genetics) helps drive healthcare improvements
- Employment with full benefits considered after 90 days if desired
Flexible. East coast preferred.
Minimum of 20 hours per week. Full time preferred.
Potential Work Days:
Monday – Saturday possible. Flexible work schedules allowed.
Contact Information: Please submit your CV and general availability to firstname.lastname@example.org