VERTEX is regarded as one of the premier engineering, construction, environmental and IT companies serving many top insurance companies, real estate owners, contractors, banks, real estate investors and attorneys across the country. VERTEX has 25 offices worldwide and a dedicated staff of over 450 engineers, architects, environmental, and construction professionals. VERTEX offers comprehensive solutions for construction and environmental exposures. With 55,000 projects completed since inception, our experience speaks for itself.
In late 2013, VERTEX implemented an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP). VERTEX’s employee-owners help our clients identify and mitigate risks to a project’s physical, environmental and economic well-being; it drives every decision we make. We offer highly personalized and customized service to address highly specialized challenges. By applying technical and scientific skills to our clients’ real business challenges, VERTEX creates integrated solutions that minimize risks while achieving the required results.
For more information about VERTEX visit us here http://vertexeng.com/.
Certified Industrial Hygienist, Industrial Hygiene & Building Science
The Vertex Companies, Inc. is looking for a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) to join our Industrial Hygiene and Building Science team. The individual we are looking for will enjoy the challenge of working on multiple projects on a fast-paced schedule, working with senior staff, and providing field oversight on a variety of projects. More specific details are described below.
- Conducts, directs and/or supervises technical assignments (both field & office) for all staff in the IH group assigned project responsibilities
- Responsible for high-level technical oversight and prepares, directs, and reviews technical reports, proposals, and cost estimates
- Candidate must have a collaborative approach, willing to work with other VERTEX offices to cross-market service lines and work towards larger project opportunities
- Provide expert witness testimony/depositions pertaining to occupational safety and health-related litigation cases
- Perform industrial hygiene assessments and exposure monitoring at client-based manufacturing facilities.
- Conduct personnel exposure monitoring and area indoor air quality monitoring on an as-needed basis in support of client ESH programs.
- Conduct noise dosimetry and noise surveys of client operations on an as-needed basis.
- Responsible for managing lead, asbestos, mold, and other industrial hygiene projects
- Will also be required to conduct technical IH related surveys and assessments, and provide consultation in OHS, IH and EHS based on technical strengths
- Represent VERTEX to the client in a professional manner.
- Prepare and implement Health and Safety Plans for the site where required.
- Prepare professional industrial hygiene reports for insurance claims, litigation cases, and sampling & evaluation events.
- Make employee safety a priority both in-house and on-site, in accordance with corporate policy.
- A strong background and experience in site specific Health and Safety and management of field operations
- Experience in dealing with the performance of industrial hygiene (IH) surveys and audits; indoor air quality (IAQ) and noise assessments; asbestos-containing building material (ACBM), lead-based paint (LBP), and mold surveys and investigations; asbestos abatement oversight; asbestos fiber release assessments a plus but not required; environmental, health and safety (EH&S)/occupational safety training; and/or medical monitoring program oversight is preferred.
- The ideal candidate will additionally have a working understanding of key clients, or similar work force environments in terms of the performance and management and other health and safety. Experience in the execution of indoor air quality assessments, chemical and noise exposure monitoring, mold assessments, Safety Data Sheet interpretation, health and safety support.
- Travel and/or field work (valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle required).
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with co-workers, clients and subcontractors.
- Able to work with minimal oversight, but take direction from senior managers to address technically complex projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to meet deadlines, both internally and externally.
- Other project duties as assigned by senior staff.
- ABIH-Certified Industrial Hygienist
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Hygiene, Biology, Chemistry, Microbiology, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, or related environmental field.
- A minimum of 5 to 10 years of relevant general occupational safety and health/industrial hygiene experience, including investigations and report-writing.
Knowledge & Skills
- Must be able to perform complex tasks and handle multiple priorities, and have the ability to perform exceptionally under high stress conditions.
- Knowledge of computer operations and standard software packages (Word processing, spreadsheets, Adobe) required.
- Position requires Health & Safety Certification pursuant to OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 (HAZWOPER 40 Hour) – training provided if required.
- OSHA 10 or 30-Hour training is preferred, training provided if necessary.
- Walk job sites during inspections, sometimes on uneven terrain.
- Carry field testing equipment (up to 30 pounds) onto job sites with regularity.
VERTEX is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V. 11