9301 W 74th St, Merriam, KS 66204, Suite 100
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
- Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
- Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
- Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Maintains all the essential job functions of the Mammography Technologist
- Performs other related duties as required and deemed necessary per Breast Center Manager.
- Follows “Standard of Behavior” guidelines per hospital policy.
- Maintains ethical relationships and cooperates with all personnel in proper conduct of department
- Incorporates patient, physician, customer needs and concerns into decision-making and organizational action.
- Initiates and assists in Code Blue procedures if called.
- Provides protection in accordance with prescribed safety standards.
- Operates computer by typing in patient information needed for the examination and proper protocols for the procedure.
- Verify and transmit each exam to the PACs System. This secures storage of each patient scanned for future reference.
- Maintains adequate record of each procedure done.
- Follows the AIDET model (Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation and Thank) .
- Attends a minimum of 50% of scheduled department meetings and is accountable for obtaining information from missed meetings.
- Operates Cerner System proficiently, trouble shoots problems with orders and makes corrections within scope of user level.
- Follows all safety and infection prevention policies and procedures.
- Associate’s degree or graduate of a technical school
- 1 to 2 years of position-related experience
- Kansas LRT License
- National Registry ARRT
- Mammography ARRT Certification RT, (R) (M)
- BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association
The Mammography Tech performs routine and special view mammograms under the direction of a radiologist. Also assists radiologists in wire localizations, galactograms and stereotactic vacuum-assisted biopsy procedures.