Company: Vighter Medical Group LLC
Title: Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)
Position Type: 4-6 Weeks Contract Assignment
Location: Brockton, MA
Reports to: Project Manager
Shift Type: Days, 8am-5pm, no weekends, no on call
Vighter is recruiting a certified medical assistant (CMA) who under the supervision of a physician, Practice Manager, Nurse and/or Director of Nursing, the Medical Assistant (MA) is responsible for assisting the healthcare team with the care and management of patients during their visit. The Medical Assistant will perform routine administrative and clinical tasks to maintain and support the office and to assure efficient patient flow through the office. The MA will also assist the physician or other clinical staff with procedures, treatments, specimen collection and communication to patients. High school diploma or equivalent required. We are looking for a local Medical Assistant temp for our 1300 Belmont Street, Brockton office to cover a LOA for 4-6 weeks. We prefer local candidates as they have to come in and pass a written medication test with Staff Ed prior to starting the assignment, so only a local candidate will have that ability.
- Drapes patients with covering and positions instruments and equipment.
- Hands instruments and materials to doctor as directed.
- Inventories and orders medical supplies and materials.
- Operates x-ray, electrocardiograph (EKG), and other equipment to administer routine diagnostic tests or calls medical facility or department to schedule patients for tests.
- Gives injections or treatments and performs routine laboratory tests.
- Schedules appointments, receives money for bills, keeps x-ray and other medical records, performs secretarial tasks, and completes insurance forms.
- May key data into computer to maintain office and patient records.
- May keep billing records, enter financial transactions into bookkeeping ledgers, and compute and mail monthly statements to patients.
- BLS certification (from American Heart Association) Required
- Massachusetts CMA license Required
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the USA
- Shall not have been convicted of a felony
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English
- Shall be able to operate a personal computer utilizing Microsoft applications, such as Explorer, Outlook, Word, Excel, etc. so as to efficiently create and/or utilize an Electronic Medical Record
- Candidates must have medical assistant certification through one of the following national organizations: AAMA, AMCA, AMT, ARMA, NHA, NCCT or NRCMARequired
- Dermatology experience Required
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Must be able to sit for more than 8 hours per day
- Must be willing to work overtime if necessary
- Must be able to use an elevator or walk up and down stairs
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and carry up to 10 feet
- Must be able to routinely grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows/knees and reach above and below shoulders
- Must be able to read and interpret handwritten and typewritten print
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear
- Must be able to pass a criminal background investigation
- Must be able to pass a 5-panel urine drug screen
- General Liability, Professional Liability, and Medical Malpractice Insurance paid for by the company
- Full-time employees receive Health, Dental, Vision, Basic Life, Voluntary Life, Accidental Disability & Dismemberment, 4% retirement match 401K, Short-term and Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, and Accident Coverage