This position will float between Coeur d'Alene clinic and our Rathdrum clinic. You will work .6 (48 hrs./pp) at our Coeur d'Alene clinic and .4 (32 hrs./pp) at our Rathdrum clinic.
As a Certified Medical Assistant you will work closely with providers and other medical assistants/lead nurse/nurse manager to provide quality care to patients in a positive work environment.
In this role, you will be:
- Timely room patients, performing vital signs, taking chief complaint, and verifying medication list.
- Required vital signs on each patient: annual height; weight, pulse, respiratory rate, blood pressure. Oximetry when indicated.
- Prepping exam room and patient for procedures, such as minor surgery, physicals, female exams, etc.
- Remain in exam room for all pelvic, breast, rectal, or genital examinations
- Complete paperwork related to office visit (lab requisitions, pathology forms, WHC forms).
- Clean examination rooms after each visit and at the end of each day
- Restock exam rooms weekly and as needed.
- Call patients with lab and/or test results after provider has reviewed results and written recommendations.
- Return all patient phone calls promptly. Same day call-backs are preferred. All calls must be returned within 24 hours. Urgent calls should immediately be brought to the provider's attention.
- Document critical lab values/test results when received via telephone and immediately bring results and chart to provider.
- All PT/INR results should be brought with chart to provider on the day in which results are received.
- Completion of nationally accredited Medical Assistant program or relevant work experience and certification as a Registered Medical Assistant.
- Certification from a nationally recognized organization, such as AAMA or NHA.
- Minimum of one year of prior outpatient medical assistant experience preferred.
- CPR certification or must obtain within 90 days of hire.
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
Heritage Health is a federally qualified health center. We believe that healthcare should be accessible and affordable for everyone, regardless of insurance status or ability to pay.
We are proud to offer a competitive benefits package! 100% of our full time employees' medical, dental, vision, and life insurance is covered by Heritage Health. Additional life insurance, short term disability, and long term disability coverage is also available.
We value our employees' health and future!
- We offer a 403b retirement plan where Heritage Health matches up to 2% of your contribution.
- Employees start accruing paid time off from day 1. We also cover 8 paid holidays.
- Discounts are also available on cell phone plans as well as gym memberships!
Heritage Health is an equal opportunity employer.