Ansible Government Solutions, LLC (Ansible) is currently seeking experienced Certified Medical Assistants (CMA) to support operations at Federal Medical Center (FMC) Carswell located at 3000 I St, Fort Worth, TX 76127. FMC Carswell is a United States federal prison in Fort Worth, Texas for female inmates of all security levels with special medical and mental health needs. It is operated by the Federal Bureau of Prisons, a division of the United States Department of Justice. CMA will work any of the two available shifts. Shifts are as follows: First Shift: 5:30am-2:00pm; Second Shift: 2:00pm-9:30pm. Highly competitive pay and benefits are available for qualified candidates.
Ansible Government Solutions, LLC (Ansible) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing Federal customers with solutions in many arenas. Our customers face wide-ranging challenges in the fields of national security, health care, and information technology. To address these challenges, we employ intelligent and committed staff who take care of our customers’ success as if it is their own.
- Medical Assistants will primarily assist in medication administration, stocking of medication and supplies, glucose monitoring, electronic and paper medical record documentation, assisting with patient education, and general clerical duties.
- Takes and records patient history, vital signs, schedules appointments, works with healthcare providers, performs venipuncture, lab draws, operation of special medical apparatus, and data entry.
- Medications are typically given orally, but other routes may include sublingual, buccal, eye, ear, nasal, topical, and through metered dose inhalers. Intramuscular and subcutaneous injections may only be given by a Registered Nurse or Licensed Vocational/Practice Nurse. Administration of insulin is also regulated by Texas state law and local policy.
- Administers medications to the inmate population in a manner consistent with nationally recognized safe medical practices, to include accurate identification of the patient, medication, dosage, time, and route. Other safety practices as determined by policy and procedure will be followed.
- Uses medication administration record to document all medications administered.
- Assists in maintaining accurate medication administration records (MARs) and proper documentation in electronic medical records.
- Reports and records adverse medication reactions. Seeks immediate medical assistance for inmates with severe adverse medication reactions.
- Provides complete documentation of medication refusals and incidents. Communicates medication refusal and incidents to the primary care provider or Clinical Director as appropriate.
- Reports errors in administration using appropriate format (occurrence screens).
- Assists Pharmacist or other appropriate staff members in a variety of pharmacy-related activities, including but not limited to storage and inventory of pharmacy supplies.
- Completes medication inventory.
- Maintains accurate inventory of all needles, syringes, and controlled substances.
- Other Medical Assistant duties as assigned.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program.
- Must have a valid Medical Assistant certification.
- Must have a valid BLS or CPR/AED provider certification.
- One year of recent clinical experience is preferred.
Ansible Government Solutions, LLC is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment. Ansible will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment based on a person’s race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, medical/physical status or disability, or military status.