Providence is calling a Certified Medical Assistant II (1.0 FTE, Days) to work the in Pediatric Clinic at Providence Medical Group in Everett, WA. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible to all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
We offer a %243,000 sign on bonus for eligible candidates and positions!
The MA II works under the delegation of a licensed practitioner to perform duties as directed to assist in providing patient care to assigned patients. A MA II performs all aspects of the MA I role and is fully competent in the clinical needs/functions for assigned clinic/location of work. An MA II is expected to perform in accordance with established policies, procedures, and regulations.
Position Details: This is a full-time position with benefits (40 hours/week, Monday-Thursday, 10 hour shifts).
In this position you will:
- Performs all duties and passed competency testing/evaluation as required for a Medical Assistant II.
- Ability to perform all front and back office skills as appropriate to role and certification. (ex: vital signs, set up/assist with minor procedures, EKG, blood pressure, point of care testing, patient authorizations, scheduling, etc.)
- Performs increasingly advanced procedures with validated competencies.
- Provides accurate, complete, legible and timely documentation of all procedures performed in the patient's medical record.
- Follows correct procedures for handling and disposing of bio-hazardous, infectious, and pharmaceutical waste.
- According to organizational standards, prepare, clean and sterilize, and/or reprocess, instruments (auto-claving) and maintain equipment with validated competencies.
- Anticipate and proactively plan for practitioner and patient needs.
- Demonstrates a commitment to education and sharing of knowledge. Assists in orientation of new team members and serves as a role model of best practices to others.
- Provides open and timely communication and information to patients, families, and practitioners (as appropriate).
- Provides MA administrative and clinical support required to deliver quality patient care via a telehealth or virtual visit platform as an extension of in-clinic services and patient care strategy.
- Consistently meet skill based competency expectations established for the organization.
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization and serve as an ambassador for the organization when interfacing with anyone outside the organization.