Certified Medical Assistant professional. This position is responsible for assisting clinicians and nursing staff in providing medical care as well as implementing and evaluating direct patient care. This position utilizes specialized knowledge, judgment, and skills to provide an excellent patient experience.
About Tanana Valley Clinic
Tanana Valley Clinic (TVC) has provided state-of-the-art medical services to the Fairbanks Community and Interior Alaska for over 50 years. TVC is a 60-provider multi-specialty group. We have an excellent group of physicians and clinical staff, many of whom have been at TVC for 20+ years, as a testament to our friendly work environment. Our passionate staff seek to make TVC the Medical Home for the people of the Interior of Alaska.
Full-time, 40 hours per week, 8 hour shifts
Days, one evening/weekend shift on rotation
*Current Medical Assistant Certification and BLS Required*
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Foundation Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The essential functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. Knowledge as normally obtained through graduation from an Accredited Medical Assisting Program. Completion of an approved medical assistant training program as defined by state regulations.
Medical Assistant Certification is required. Current BLS certification. All direct patient care personnel are required to demonstrate competent performance of cardiopulmonary resuscitation (BLS) techniques for adults, children and infants according to the standards of a nationally recognized, standardized, credentialed healthcare provider course every other year.
Requires skills and abilities typically attained with 1 year of medical clerical experience, preferably in a hospital or physician office setting, or prior experience in customer service. Must possess excellent organizational skills as well as effective human relations and communication skills. Working knowledge of medical terminology and computer literacy and keyboarding skills is required.
Recent healthcare experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENT FACTORS
DP - Typical Direct Patient Care environment: (Nutrition Rep, Chaplain, RN)
- Able to stand, walk, bend, squat, reach, and stretch frequently.
- Possess physical agility and adequate reaction time to respond quickly and appropriately to unexpected patient care needs.
- Needs adequate hearing and visual acuity, including adequate color vision.
- Requires fine motor skills, adequate eye-hand coordination, and ability to grasp and handle objects.
- Able to use proper body mechanics to assist patients in ambulating, transferring in and out of bed, chair or wheelchair.
- May be required to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must use standard precautions due to threat of exposure to blood and bodily fluids.
- Needs ability to communicate effectively through reading, writing, and speaking in person or on telephone.
- May require periodic use of personal computer.
Foundation Health Partners is an EEO/AAP employer; qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.