Community Medical and Dental Care is currently looking to hire a full-time Medical Assistant.
Medical Assistant responsibilities include:
- Perform routine procedures to determine and record patient’s vital signs.
- Obtain medical history.
- Place and prepare patients in exam room for doctor evaluation.
- Perform housekeeping functions such as changing exam room table paper, upkeep of cleanliness of the exam rooms, ensuring all equipment is clean and presentable.
- Perform front office duties such as: answering telephones, scheduling appointments, copying reports, preparing schedules, data entry (including referral contracts, post appointment information)
- Assist doctors during procedures
- If fluent in other languages, assist patients and doctors with translation of questionnaire forms or during evaluation, as necessary.
- Conduct inventory review, reorder and restock supplies.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Medical Assistant Qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience as a Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Certification a plus
- Excellent customer service skills
- Availability to work some evening and Sunday hours
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
We offer a very competitive salary, benefits, and paid time off.
Community Medical and Dental Care, Inc., has been providing quality medical care to the underserved population of Rockland County, NY and its surrounding areas since 1993. With close to 60 providers on staff and a patient base of 18,000, we offer a variety of services, including Adult Medicine, Pediatrics, Family Practice, Allergy, Dermatology, Ophthalmology, Urology, Podiatry, Psychiatry and Behavioral Health counseling, Nutrition Counseling, Speech Therapy, Dentistry and Oral Surgery.