Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of people – our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to “Always Do The Right Thing!”
A Certified Medical Assistant is responsible for assisting in the delivery of patient care through the gathering of information during the clinical process under supervision of Registered Nurses. Assists all nurses with performing activities commensurate with his/her education and demonstrated competencies.
- Completed an accredited CMA course
- Minimum of one (1) year of clinical experience preferred
- Currently certified as a Medical Assistant in the State if certification is required by the State
- Must be able to obtain and maintain CPR certification
- Consult with and is responsible to RN's and other staff as appropriate.
- Implements clinical and technical aspects of care in accordance with established policies and procedures. Intervenes with proper technique, procedures and safety precautions to meet individual needs of patient.
- Participates in gathering information on patient history.
- Verifies medications.
- Makes appropriate referrals for follow-up.
- Adhere to work the work schedule as designated by your supervisor to ensure continuity of care for the patient and maintenance of staffing matrix for the client.
- Respond to code, or patient crisis as set forth by the sites policy and procedure.
- Assists health care practitioner as assigned.
- Adhere to infection control techniques and principles.
- Provides for emotional and physical comfort and safety of patients.
- Assists in maintaining working areas, supplies, and equipment in good working order.
- Attends mandatory staff meetings/ training.
- Respects dignity and confidentiality of patients.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer