Organization: Adventist Health Portland
Primary Location: United States-Oregon-Troutdale
Job Posting: Jun 25, 2020, 10:06:16 PM
Shift: Day Shift
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Certified Medical Assistant (Outpatient) who:
Performs non-invasive, routine, technical support services under the specific authorization and supervision of a licensed physician, podiatrist, physician assistant, nurse practitioner or nurse midwife.
- Sets up exam rooms and checks in patients. Maintains a patient recall system, including continuity of care log for lab tests, referrals and transfers.
- Obtains vital signs, and reports significant findings and pertinent patient observations to clinic physician.
- Performs audiometry and vision testing.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- High School Education/GED or equivalent: Preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider certification: Required
- Successful completion of audiometry and vision training or have a certificate from CHDP: Preferred
- Phlebotomy certificate: Preferred
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) or equivalent combination of licensure and experience: Required