Organization: Adventist Health Portland
Primary Location: United States-Oregon-Portland
Job Posting: Jul 8, 2020, 7:25:30 PM
Shift: Day Shift
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
Adventist Health—Portland is a faith-based, not-for-profit health care network consisting of a 302-bed medical center, 34 medical clinics and home care and hospice services in the Portland metro area. Winner of the Healthgrades 2017 Outstanding Patient Experience award, Adventist Health—Portland is committed to delivering exceptional care. Our full-service acute care medical center provides a full range of inpatient, outpatient, emergency and diagnostic services to communities on the eastside. Our key services include cardiovascular care, emergency services, orthopedics, radiation oncology, surgery, imaging, rehabilitation and labor & delivery. We are staffed with more than 550 physicians, 1,900 employees and over 250 volunteers from our local communities and have been named a Top Workplace by the Oregonian for the second year.
Portland has 11,697 acres of parks, including Forest Park, which is the United States’ largest urban forest, at 5,157 acres. With 70 miles of trails, it’s a hiker, mountain biker and runner heaven. Other parks in town include a golf course, swimming pools, picnic areas and off-leash dog areas. Portland’s unofficial motto is “keep Portland weird.” The area fosters a sense of independence, creativity and nonconformity, while maintaining a highly earth-friendly environment. As of January 1, 2018, Adventist Health Portland announced an exciting agreement to integrate services with OHSU.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Certified Medical Assistant (Outpatient) who:
Performs non-invasive, routine, technical support services under the specific authorization and supervision of a licensed physician, podiatrist, physician assistant, nurse practitioner or nurse midwife.
- Sets up exam rooms and checks in patients. Maintains a patient recall system, including continuity of care log for lab tests, referrals and transfers.
- Obtains vital signs, and reports significant findings and pertinent patient observations to clinic physician.
- Performs audiometry and vision testing.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- High School Education/GED or equivalent: Preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider certification: Required
- Successful completion of audiometry and vision training or have a certificate from CHDP: Preferred
- Phlebotomy certificate: Preferred
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) or equivalent combination of licensure and experience: Required