Assists provider in the administration of patient care in assigned clinical areas by assisting with patient examinations, procedures, diagnostic studies, treatment, and dressing changes and performs general administrative duties all in accordance with The Joint Commission, CLIA, NCQA and government standards, as well as company policies and procedures.
Meets and engages with homeless patients who are referred to HCH program from other sources of care such as: local hospitals, ER, health care providers, and community agencies, as well as with those persons met during Street Outreach and Health Education efforts. Provides peer support to patients, assisting them with access to services and achievement of goals toward sustained recovery.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of an approved Medical Assistant program.
- CMA (Certified Medical Assistant) or RMA (Registered Medical Assistant)
- Recovery Support Worker Certification preferred
- Two to three years’ experience in health care setting performing similar work activities including, but not limited to clerical, billing or insurance processing.
- Experience and/or willingness to work with vulnerable populations
- Experience with and/or Understanding of Mental illness and Substance Use Disorder
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- CMA (Certified Medical Assistant) – required within 6 months from hire.
- CRSW (Certified Recovery Support Worker) – required within 2 years from hire.