Voca Health has immediate openings available for Certified Medical Assistant professionals in St. Louis Park, MN! If you are interested, please forward your resume to Kaley Fuller at firstname.lastname@example.org and call her at 952.303.8105. Thanks!
- Coordinates and monitors patient appointments for provider visits, and procedure(s).
- Verifies patient demographic and insurance information.
- Enters patient demographic and insurance information into EMR.
- Verifies necessary forms requiring patient signature are completed.
- Helps obtain/ensure diagnostic test results for provider/authorized practitioner review is available.
- Sends/receives patient medical record information following confidentiality guidelines and standards.
- Monitors provider schedules and organizes patient through put
- Delivers patient care as delegated by the RN to assigned patient population, or individual patient.
- Prepares and maintains exam/treatment rooms for patient visits and restocks supplies as needed.
- Adheres to infection control policies/procedures for exam room and instrument/equipment cleaning.
- Rooms patient(s) and gathers data for patient assessment Obtains, evaluates and records patient history employing critical thinking skills.
- Obtains and records vital signs
- Prepares patient for and may assist with examinations, procedures and/or treatments.
- Prepares and administers oral and parenteral (excluding IV) medications and immunizations as directed by supervising Provider and as permitted by state law.
- Maintains medication and immunization records.
- Accurately documents care in the medical record.
- Screens and follows up on test results
- Communicates effectively with patients and other members of the healthcare team.
- Monitors patient wait time and communicates with patient when there are delays.
- Serves as a communication liaison between the physician and patient.
- Recognizes and respects cultural diversity.
- Adapts communications to individual’ s understanding.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Utilizes available resources to support communication with population served.
- Communicates verbal and written information in a clear, concise, accurate and timely manner.
- Communicates concerns to delegating provider/authorized practitioner or RN in an effective manner.
- Complies with established risk management and safety procedures.
- Documents patient communication and clinical treatments accurately and appropriately.
- Provides patient instruction as delegated.
- Explains office policies and procedures.
- Educates patient on health maintenance, disease prevention, and compliance with patient’ s treatment plan within their scope of practice and as directed by supervising physician.
- Identifies community resources for health maintenance and disease prevention to meet individual patient needs.
- Demonstrates ability to provide care or service adjusting approaches to reflect developmental level of population served.
- Partners with patient/care-giver in care/decision making.
- Communicates in a respectful manner.
- Ensures a safe, secure environment.
- Individualizes plan of care to meet patient needs.
- Modifies clinical interventions based on population served.
- Provides patient education based on assessment of learning needs of patient/care-giver.
- Performs other duties including Performance Goals developed by manager and employee and reported in the employee’ s Performance Review as part of Performance Management tools
- Maintains core/universal competencies and completes any new required learnings.
- Demonstrates all clinic specific competencies and new required learnings
- Commitment to Patient Centered Care
- Always puts patient/customer needs first.
- Demonstrates awareness of different patient/customer needs and desires, and adjusts approach to provide care, including those related to cultural orientation, race, primary language, age, size, gender, gender identity, physical capability, sexual orientation, spiritual belief, change in scope/complexity of patients, etc.
- Helps improve processes to meet customer/patient needs and desires.
- Respects confidentiality and HIPPA guidelines
- Follows and Supports Code of Conduct
- Supports values of Service, Innovation and Respect.
- Contributes to an ethical work environment by demonstrating respect for the law and for each other.
- Maintains a welcoming work environment that is physically and emotionally safe and free from discrimination and harassment.
- Reports illegal or unethical conduct or suspected violations of policy or Code of Conduct.
- Models integrity in patient care, business and regulatory compliance.
- Maintains the integrity and strict confidentiality of patient records and business information
- Commitment to Operational Excellence
- Understands and supports mission and vision.
- Promotes positive work environment and employee recognition.
- Demonstrates interpersonal values of compassion, respect, teamwork and diversity.
- Demonstrates pursuit of innovation and excellence using inquiry and mentorship
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Needed
- Knowledge of different cultural group’ s needs and desires. Customer service knowledge and skills. Ability to utilize appropriate resources. Knowledge of confidentiality policy Ability to modify interventions/ education based on population served. Ability to recognize communication barriers and seek assistance to minimize communication barriers.
- Knowledgeable of corporate Code of Conduct Keeps updated on HIPPA and other required training. Maintains confidentiality. Ability to provide a safe, secure environment for patients/customers. Integrity
- Knowledge of mission, vision and values. Process improvement skills Takes step to ensure safety of patients and staff. Positively engage peers and employees. Completes available training and maintains certifications
- Medical Assistance Certification from an accredited school. If not certified, must attain AAMA
- Previous ambulatory care experience preferred.
- Microsoft office and EPIC preferred
- Excellent customer service, public and patient relation skills, and communication skills. Ability to prioritize work and fluctuation in workload. Adaptability/Resilience
- 8-4: 30 M - F
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work