Make more than a living. Make a difference.
APPLY NOW to be eligible for $1,000 Signing Bonus!
Must be willing and able to work with Covid-19 positive residents.
Members of Massachusetts Senior Care Association are looking for motivated and compassionate individuals to help our long term care facilities maintain the quality of care and dignity our elderly patients deserve. Individuals with some Certified Nurse Assistant training may be eligible to begin work immediately and receive clinical training and testing on the job. Don't wait...work today and finish your training with us!
Certified Nurse Aides (CNAs) are the primary caregivers of the long term care team, serving as the “eyes and ears” for supervisory staff. Certified Nurse Aides help residents with personal care, including bathing, dressing, eating, walking and restorative services. Certified Nurse Aides receive ongoing training to increase their knowledge and skills and some go on to become licensed nurses themselves.
- Follows proper universal precautions and infection control procedures 100% of the time, including:
- Putting on and taking off Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Provides compassionate patient care in a respectful environment
- Maintains patient dignity and rights, and demonstrates sensitivity to cultural diversity
- Ensures safe environment and safe patient experience
- Effectively communicates with patients
- Maintains patient confidentiality
- Utilizes appropriate patient identification methods when providing direct care
- Follows abuse reporting requirements
- Provides close monitoring and observation of at-risk patients
- Demonstrates safe patient handling and transfers
- Effectively communicates and documents patient observations
- Reports changes in patient health status, as defined by the institution policy
- Completes designated care tasks timely
- May be required to obtain and document vital signs and relevant patient data as assigned.
- Ensures patient cleanliness through assistance with/provision of hygiene and elimination care
- Assists with safe patient mobility including use of gait belt, wheelchair, mechanical lift and other assistive devices
- Provides repositioning/pressure-relief for at-risk patients
- Applies compression stockings, pneumatic compression boots, assistive devices
- Assists with patient nutritional needs, including feeding and adherence to specified dietary orders
- Responds to patient call lights promptly and conducts safety checks as dictated by the institution policy
- Assists with patient care procedures under direct supervision of a Registered/Licensed Nurse as defined by the institution policy
- Orients patient/family to surroundings
- Packs and stores patient belongings
- Assist with equipment preparation/set up as per institution policy
- Other duties as assigned
- OPTIONAL: High school diploma/GED
- Successful completion of a clinical course in an approved nursing school including standard minimum hands-on care skills OR
- Current CNA certification OR
- Former CNAs whose certification has lapsed OR
- Individuals who have completed a CNA training course but have not yet taken the certification test
- Additional training related to specific patient population needs to be provided upon-hire, based on institution policy
Conditions of Employment:
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Acceptable CORI, SORI is required
- Drug testing may be required
- Selected applicants will be required to complete a full orientation to the CNA role and responsibilities, including a Licensed/Registered Nurse's evaluation of the applicant's demonstrated basic competencies and effective use of PPE
- Ability/knowledge of English language sufficient to speak, read and write accurately
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic (four-function math)
- Time-management skills
- Decision-making skills
- Bi- or multilingual a plus
- Basic computer skills
- Familiarity with EMR (electronic medical records) systems a plus
- Negative TB Test or Screening
- Bending, squatting, kneeling
- Lifting and/or carrying 50 lbs.
- Standing for long periods of time
- Prolonged wearing of PPE, including gloves, masks and face shields
- Competitive Salary
- $1,000 Signing Bonus
- On-Site Clinical Training and Certification Provided
- APPLY NOW to get more details
Please Press the APPLY button at the top of the job listing to begin an exciting career in the growing field of long term care and be eligible for $1,000 signing bonus!
Medication Aide / Technician