About American Health Communities (AHC)
American Health Communities, a division of Franklin, Tennessee-based American Health Partners Inc. operates 29 senior living, skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers in Tennessee and Alabama. AHC specializes in caring for seniors by providing a full range of short-term and long-term healthcare in a home-like environment. For more information, visit AHCseniorcare.com
**$800 Sign On Bonus**
The purpose of this position is to provide basic resident care in a manner conducive to the comfort and safety of residents, under the direction of the nursing staff.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job, an individual must perform essential functions satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation; including, but not limited to:
- Assist in lifting, turning, moving, positioning and transporting residents into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, bathing, feeding, linen changes, incontinence care, etc.
- Observe residents’ conditions and report changes to the charge/staff nurse as soon as possible
- Completes appropriate documentation that is organized, clear, complete, current and legible
- Assist in admitting, transferring and discharging residents
- Participate and assist with recreational and therapeutic activities for residents
Required Work Experience:
- Six (6) months healthcare experience preferred
- High school diploma preferred
- Current State Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Position may require unscheduled overtime, after-hours, and week-end work
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours
- Travel required
- Job will require frequent lifting of objects up to 40 pounds
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Our Organization does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, or any other characteristic(s) protected by federal, state, and local laws. The Organization will also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities should a request for an accommodation be made.
- Technical/other training or better in Nursing
Licenses & CertificationsRequired
- Certified Nurse Assistant