Who We Are
Cornerstone Healthcare Group is a leading healthcare company committed to improving the health and well-being of patients by providing an environment of continuous process improvement, teamwork, integrity, fiscal responsibility and endless customer service. Cornerstone operates Senior Living, Skilled Nursing and Rehab, Long-Term Acute Care hospitals and Behavioral Health under the Cornerstone and Solara brand names in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arizona, Arkansas and West Virginia.
Why Work for Us?
Our hospitals and rehab facilities offer competitive compensation and benefits, but that is not why our employees come to work for us. As a Cornerstone employee, you are truly a valued contributor to our team. It is no wonder why our employees gave us high scores in both overall satisfaction and employee engagement in our latest Cornerstone Employee Partnership Survey.
Our Core Values are woven into the fabric of our culture and ingrained in our employees and how they perform their jobs every day.
The Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) provides care to the residents in the skilled nursing and/or long term care departments under the direction of the ADON, DON, Executive Director, and Medical Director.
The Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) duties include:
- Answers resident calls for assistance.
- Bathes, dresses, and undresses residents.
- Serves and collects food trays during dining, and assists in clearing the tables after meals.
- Assists residents with activities of daily living, including walking, bathing and going to the bathroom.
- Turns and repositions bedfast residents in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Obtains and records resident vital signs (temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration rates) and weight (including food and fluid intake and output).
- Assists residents with daily light housekeeping, including trash removal, changing of bed linens.
- Welcomes visitors and assists the resident in making and receiving phone calls.
- Works closely with the Lifestyles Coordinator to carry out resident activities.
- Provides a high level of quality care and service to all residents and their families in a professional and positive manner.
- Must attend all require trainings and in-services
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions for this position.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Current CNA certification in good standing in the state of Texas.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a CNA
- Subsidized Commuting
- Employee Referral Program
- Life Insurance
- Gym Memberships
- Employee Events
- Long Term Disability
- Vacation/paid time off
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Military Leave
- Merchandise Discounts
- Professional Development
- Flexible Schedules
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Paid sick days
- On Site Cafeteria
- Paid Holidays
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free Food and Coffee
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts