Our Christ-based mission is to enrich the lives of residents, staff and the community. Must have a passion for helping older adults, positive outlook and be a team player. We offer a pleasant, upbeat, smoke-free environment, with competitive salary and generous benefits package.
$2,000 SIGN ON BONUS!!!
Currently hiring for:
FT/PT: 1st and 2nd shift includes every other weekend
Current CNA certification required
The purpose of this position is to provide quality nursing care. This care will be performed in accordance with Mennonite Home Communities Mission Statement and Philosophy of Care.
- Resident Service- Practices a resident-centered focus. Creating an environment of compassion by acknowledging and respecting the individuality of each resident.
- Accountability- Takes responsibility for own actions and monitors personal performance to ensure quality resident care and quality services. Follows department’s and organization’s policies and procedures.
- Communication- Practices expressing oneself effectively and respectfully. Also listens well, gives and receives feedback, uses constructive criticism and helps to resolve conflicts.
- Teamwork- Being open to learning from each other and celebrating and creating community together. Cooperates and partners with fellow team members to accomplish goals and shared purposes.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Personal hygiene needs of the resident – i.e., bathing, dressing, hair care, mouth care, shaving, toileting, nail care.
- Assist with activity program for all residents.
- Addressing the needs of incontinent residents. Changing bed linens.
- Lifting, turning, and transferring residents, as needed or as scheduled. Proper use of mechanical lifts requires 2 staff for all transfers.
- Serving meals and snacks, feeding those who require help; providing fluids.
- Perform restorative nursing functions as needed.
- Call bells will be answered in a timely manner.
- Observing and reporting any change in resident’s condition to LPN or RN.
- Responsible to complete and document all areas of care using the Care Tracker system: weights/reweighs, BM records, restraint records (when applicable) input and output and meal percentages, ADLs, mood/behavior, toileting.
- Responsible to adhere to standard/universal precautions and infection control techniques.
- Responsible to provide care in a manner that maintains resident’s dignity and state of well-being.
- The necessary skills to deal with confused, combative, disoriented residents calmly and professionally.
- Responsible to safely transport residents in wheelchairs to treatment units and recreational programs.
- Responsible to perform routine 1:1’s with residents for ten minutes for each shift worked.
- Responsible to maintain neat, clean resident rooms, whirlpool rooms and linen rooms.
- Responsible to carry out duties assigned by the Community Life Coordinator, Clinical Coordinator, or Care Coordinator.
- Responsible to function as a household team member wherever assigned demonstrating a positive, helpful attitude; willing to assist as needed.
- Responsible to function as part of the household which may include serving and cleaning up resident meals, light housekeeping duties, and participation in recreational activities.
- Deliver residents unopened mail.
- Employee has completed annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the code of conduct in the performance of their duties.
- Mandatory training requirements completed as assigned
- A high school diploma or GED.
- Membership on the Nurse Aide Registry, as monitored by PA Department of Health.
- The Caregiver/Nursing Assistant is responsible to the RN or LPN in charge.
- Responsible to the Communitiy Life Coordinator