You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Certified Nursing Assistant.
You’re ready to roll up your sleeves. Eager to ask questions. And willing to go above and beyond to ease a patient’s pain.
You’re great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
Saint Joseph Hospital is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 365-bed facility is one of the top-ranked hospitals in Denver, and has been awarded the highest national recognition possible for nursing excellence – Magnet designation – by the ANCC. We are proud to extend the mission of SCL Health by providing care for the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other. Our deep community roots date back to 1873, making us one of the oldest hospitals in Colorado.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, we’ve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and Paid Time Off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together we’ll align mission and careers, values and workplace. We’ll honor each other’s dignity and surpass the standards we set. We’ll encourage joy, demand safety and take pride in our integrity.
We’ll laugh at each other’s jokes (even the bad ones). We’ll hello and high five. We’ll celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
We’re proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
As a CNA with us, you will know how to:
- Respond to patient care needs by answering call lights, assisting patients with hygiene care and nourishment, obtaining vital signs, and communicating constructively, effectively and timely with members of the care team.
- Check and document patient vitals, glucose, inputs and outputs.
- Assist nurses and physicians within scope and competency.
- Actively participate in meeting patient experience goals.
- Assist with patient transfers, admissions and discharges as directed and in compliance with the principles of safe patient handling.
- Demonstrate and adhere to the standards of infection prevention.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, preferred
- Successful completion of an accredited nursing assistant training program, required
- Certification as a Nursing Assistant (CNA) in the state of practice, required
- Current BLS certification, required within 60 days of hire
- At least one (1) year of experience in a healthcare setting, preferred
Your next move.
Now that you know more about being a CNA on our team, we hope you’ll join us. At SCL Health, you’ll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.