Avondale Estates of Elgin is a modern, high tech, Short Term Rehab facility focused on our Guests recovery. Our mission is to provide top quality medical and rehabilitive treatment, with an array of post-acute rehabilitation and specialized services to get them home safely and healthy after their hospitalization.
We work together with each guest to achieve their individualgoals with dignity and compassion.
Avondale Estates has all private, spacious rooms with in-room washrooms and private in-room showers. Each room is fully furnished, including personalized temperature control. In addition to offering WiFi throughout the building, the facility has many sitting and activity areas to encourage family visits and interactions during their stay.
Are you tired of being understaffed and under appreciate, are you having to care for 20-30 residents all by yourself without any help or support from your Nurses. At Avondale Estates we believe in giving our guests great service with very high CNA to Guest ratio's our typical CNA cares for 8-12 guests.
We offer extremely competitive pay rates based on experience, we offer on the job training for new grads, we have excellent benefits available, including, Health, Dental, Vision, Short Term, Long Term, Life etc..
As well as a $1,500 sign on Bonus, plus a $2.00 an hour shift diff for night & PM shifts,Plus Hazard pay during the Corona Virus Pandemic.
Apply today as not many openings are available.
Or come in today for an immediate interview, we hold daily interview between 11am till 3pm Monday thru Friday
Please call Donna first to schedule a time at (224) 769-0600
The primary purpose of the Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) is to provide personal care to residents in a manner conducive to their safety and comfort consistent with policies and procedures while complying with state, federal and all other applicable health care standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists with lifting, turning, moving, positioning, and transporting residents into and out beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc.
- Assists with the daily physical and hygienic care needs of residents as directed. These duties include but are not limited to the following:Assists residents with dressing and ensure that dependent residents are dressed in clean, dry clothing appropriate for season, in good repair, changing clothes/gowns when wet or soiled
- Gives or assists resident with bathing and daily dental/mouth care
- Assists residents with hair combing, brushing, shampooing, and styling
- Keeps incontinent residents clean, dry, and odor free; maintain per facility policy
- Makes beds and changes bed linens when soiled
- Assists residents in preparing for activity and social programs
- Assists and accompany residents with travel when necessary
- Prepares residents for meals, assists, serving food trays or feed residents, as necessary and record/or report residents intake or acceptance of food, serve snacks or nourishments in between meals
- Advises supervising charge nurse of residents' status and condition at beginning and end of shift and documents observations as required
- Measures and records vitals and weights as instructed
- Observes and reports any physical or emotional changes observed in the residents including any complaints or grievances made by the resident
- Promotes a safe and clean environment
- Performs other duties as directed
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE an equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- Oneyear of previous long-term care experience preferred
- Must hold a current and valid CNA certification
- Day Shift
- Night Shift
- Overnight Shift
- Scrubs are provided
- Allowance provided
- 8 hours