Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Full-Time; Evening/Night Shift
The Certified Nursing Assistant is responsible for providing basic care to residents, assisting them in daily living activities. The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) must possess excellent people skills and the ability to be compassionate and enjoy helping others. The CNA provides care to residents which may include personal hygiene, dressing, housekeeping, laundry, social-recreational activities, meal services and other duties and services as assigned within the community. The CNA collaborates and assists in supporting the entire nursing department, other departments, medical professionals, consultants, residents and families in an efficient and economic manner to enable each resident to attain or maintain the highest practical physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being. The CNA reports directly to the shift’s LPN or RN and the community’s Nursing Leader or designee.
Essential Job Functions:
- Adheres to and conveys the following Primrose mission statement: Through the commitment of our investors and dedicated staff, our daily focus is to develop and maintain happy and healthy living environments and provide a “person-centered” care approach for our growing senior population.”
- Assists with personal cares as identified in the resident service delivery record/care plan/service plan. These cares may include assistance with dressing, grooming, oral cares, shampooing hair, showering, bathing, applying lotions, nail and foot care as directed by the nurse, redirection of a confused resident and other cares as assigned.
- Assists with toileting programs, use of commode, urinal, toilet, incontinence products and peri care.
- Assists with ambulation and transfers including proper use of a transfer belt, assistive device and Stand Aid device while utilizing proper body mechanics to avoid injury.
- Assist with use of hearing aids, glasses and dentures.
- Obtains and records temperatures, blood pressures, pulses (both radial and apical) and respirations as instructed, reporting to supervisor any vitals outside of normal range.
- Responds promptly to all call signals and requests for assistance.
- Documents resident information as required, reporting appropriately any changes in resident status, needs or preferences to supervisor.
- Assists in collaboration and following recommendations of 3rd party providers such as physical or occupational therapy and hospice services.
- Practices good hand washing and utilizes universal precautions.
- Promotes, establishes, and maintains customer relationships with residents, families, staff, community and other professionals.
- Reports resident occurrences to supervisor in a timely manner.
- Promotes teamwork, mutual respect, and effective communication.
- Maintains confidentiality within the workplace with all written and verbal communications pertaining to residents, staff, and community operations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adheres to procedures for fire, life safety, disaster, security, and other emergency situations.
- Adheres to established Primrose policies, procedures and Employee Handbook.
- If providing care in a Primrose Memory Care community, actively engages and assists in ensuring person-centered approaches with programing and behavioral expressions are carried out per Primrose Memory Care Program.
Has strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to prioritize responsibilities. Ability to do occasional heavy lifting (up to 50lbs.), 30 lbs. regularly. Ability to spend long periods on feet and to ambulate quickly. Free of communicable disease. Knowledge of Alzheimer’s Disease, other dementias and related memory impairments is preferred. Demonstrates abilities to work as a team. Basic knowledge of computer software and programs. Able to work varying hours and weekends and holidays on a rotating basis.
Experience in a long-term care or assisted living environment is preferred. Current certification as a Nursing Assistant or State Trained Nursing Assistant per state regulations. Maintain CPR/First Aid certification per state regulations.
Attends in-service training as assigned and maintains continuing education hours if required for certification of position.
- Adhere to and carry out all policies and procedures.
- Report on-the-job injuries to your direct supervisor before leaving the community.
- Promoter and represent PRIMROSE RETIREMENT in a positive way.
- Employees will not work under the influence of mood-altering or illegal drugs or alcohol. If you are required to take these types of medications, inform supervisor.
- Professional appearance, dress, and good personal hygiene is required at
PRIMROSE RETIREMENT COMMUNITIES is an equal opportunity employer