Halifax Health - Hospice is seeking a Certified Nursing Assistant for our West Volusia Care Center.
The CNA provides direct and indirect care to patients under the direction of a Registered Nurse or a Licensed Practical Nurse. Job responsibilities include basic patient care, the ability to obtain vital signs, recording fluid intake and output, recognizing and reporting changes in patient condition, and documentation of patient care on written flow sheet and computer. This job also requires a positive attitude and demeanor, good communication skills, and performing as an effective Team Member.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Current/active Florida CNA certification required.
- Minimum of one year's experience preferred.
- Must possess good computer skills.
- Must be customer-service oriented and able to effectively communicate and build relationships with Team Members at all levels in the organization.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, to assist in providing exceptional care for our patients and their families.
Recognized by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures, Halifax Health serves Volusia and Flagler counties, providing a continuum of healthcare services through a network of organizations including a tertiary hospital, community hospital, psychiatric services, a cancer treatment center with four outreach locations, the area’s largest hospice, a center for inpatient rehabilitation, primary care walk-in clinics, a walk-in clinic specializing in women’s health, two community clinics, three children’s medical practices, a home healthcare agency, and an exclusive provider organization. Halifax Health offers the area’s only Level II Trauma Center, Comprehensive Stroke Center, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Pediatric Emergency Department, Child and Adolescent Behavioral Services, complete Neurosurgical Services, OB Emergency Department and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit that cares for babies born as early as 28 weeks. For more information, visit halifaxhealth.org.