Florida Hospital Ocala
Florida Hospital Ocala opened its doors in 1898 as Marion General Hospital and has been in continuous operation since then. Then in 1928, the hospital was renamed to Munroe Memorial Hospital. Adventist Health System acquired Munroe Regional Medical and renamed it Florida Hospital Ocala in 2018. Florida Hospital - Ocala is situated in the heart of the city, minutes away from a vibrant, growing downtown area. Ocala is situated in the heart of Marion County, Florida and is surrounded by the beautiful rolling pastures that have come to be known as the horse capital of the world. The city boasts a genuine appreciation for the arts, a growing economy that’s attracting national businesses and a school system that includes nine schools with magnet designations. Florida Hospital Ocala is a 425-bed acute-care and offers a variety of services including, 24/7 Emergency Care, Diagnostic Testing, Inpatient and Outpatient Surgery, Women’s Services, and Inpatient and Outpatient Therapy. We were named Marion County’s most preferred hospital for overall quality and image and best doctors and nurses for 13 consecutive years (National Research Corporation, 2015/2016). Nationally we were voted for “America’s Best 50 Hospitals Award” nine years in a row.
Assist patients with the activities of daily living, performs patient care tasks and maintains a safe and clean environment. Completes tasks under the supervision of a Registered Nurse within the scope of practice as defined by the Florida State Board of Nursing.
What you will responsible for:
- Performs patient care task in a safe and competent manner without significant deviations from the standard of care.
- Plans, coordinates and implements PCT care in a timely manner based on individualized needs of patient.
- Coordinates PCT care with RN and other interdisciplinary care to optimize patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates ability to recognize changes in patient status and report those changes to RN/LPN immediately.
- Maintains complete and timely documentation that assures accurate reflection of care provided.
- Provides appropriate communication with multidisciplinary team members, patients and their families.
- Promptly responds to patient's request for assistance in a professional and effective manner.
- Refers problems/concerns to appropriate personnel immediately upon patient/family request.
- Maintains communication with RN/LPN throughout entire shift to ensure accuracy of information and care provided.
What you will need:
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Entry Level - Maintains current Florida certification, Maintains PCT educational requirements as outlined in the organizational checklists.
- FL DOH License required; AHA BLS required.