Chestnut Health Systems is seeking a part-time, 3rd shift Medical Assistant to work within our Crisis Stabilization Unit at our Bloomington, IL facility.
Chestnut Health Systems is a leading provider of behavioral and primary health care services. Over four decades, Chestnut has grown to over 700 committed, compassionate employees providing substance use, mental health and primary care treatment to patients in Central and Southern Illinois. We provide fully integrated care for all of our patients by combining behavioral health care services with our community-based primary care health centers. Chestnut also conducts research and training throughout the U.S.A.
**Please note to be considered for a position you must attach a resume, complete the application, and answer all screening questions.
- Provide support services for medical staff as appropriate.
- Administer and evaluate medical tests as appropriate.
- Take and document vital signs.
- Prepare and assist with medical examinations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of a Medical Assistant training program or Certified Nursing Assistant training program required.
- Must have a current Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) certification or Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public.
- Requires basic computer skills and experience to include MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat and an electronic medical record (EMR) and the ability to assist in a variety of common office procedures.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, private automobile insurance and be insurable.
- Satisfactory completion of Chestnut’s background checking process.
This part-time position includes eligibility for our retirement savings plan with company match, employee assistance program, and tuition reimbursement for nursing education.
***For additional information and inquiries text "Chestnut" to 97211
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled