Location Address: 4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872
- Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
- Largest Employer in the County
Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s oldest State Park
Close knit community with a home town family feel
- 2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
1. Assists in the patient/family care using established techniques with the multidisciplinary team.
· Follows the principals of AIDET in all patient and family interactions.
· Assists the patient with activities of daily living as ordered by the physician
· Distributes food trays to patients. Assists patient with tray preparation and feeding as required.
· Maintains the patient's environment in manner that promotes cleanliness, patient comfort and patient safety.
· Responds to patient call lights/bells, cares for the needs of the patient according to her/his skill level.
· Prepares the room to receive a new admission: zeros the bed scale, personal care items, linen, vital sign equipment, etc.
· Welcomes new admission, orients patient to room.
· Transfers patients from beds onto stretchers or beds or into wheelchairs with assistance of other patient care personnel when required.
· Ensures patient and personal safety by following proper lifting and patient transporting techniques.
· Provides patients with fresh water at established intervals
2. Documents personal care, intake and output, vital signs and weights as outlined in policy.
3. Maintains clinical competency.
· Attends mandatory hospital in-services and continuing education.
· Successful completion of annual skills fair.
4. Performs patient care as delegated following hospital policies.
· Participates in the patient/family care, utilizing established techniques as part of the multidisciplinary team
· Incorporates principles of infection control, fire & safety, and biohazardous waste handling into daily routines.
· Maintains clinical competencies for patient population.
· Collects patient specimens (urine, stool, sputum), labels at bedside comparing two unique patient identifiers, and send to lab for analysis according to protocol and communicate to nurse.
· Promptly reports changes in patients’ status to the appropriate RN/LPN promptly.
· Recognizes emergency situations and acts appropriately.
5. Maintains current clinical, technical and professional competencies.
· Accepts responsibility for one’s own professional standards.
· Accepts responsibility for one’s own actions by initiating the incident report mechanisms
· Attends a minimum of 75% of scheduled staff meetings annually.
· Attends mandatory hospital in-services annually.
· Complies with departmental, divisional and hospital policies and standards.
· Demonstrates awareness of the rising costs of healthcare and implements budgetary containment measures.
· Maintains equipment in its proper working condition; identifies malfunctioning equipment and takes appropriate action.
· Seeks and accepts constructive criticism and implements actions designed for self-improvement.
· Assists in the organization and operations of the unit via guidelines, policy, and procedures.
· Performs ordered 12-lead electrocardiogram as directed by RN (ED only)
High school diploma or certificate of completion Nursing Assistant Program
Previous CNA Experience
Previous 12 lead EKG experience (Emergency Department only)
Florida C.N.A. License
BLS -condition of employment
CPI within 6 months of employment (Emergency Department and Behavioral Health Unit)
The Certified Nursing Assistant (C.N.A.), under the supervision of the LPN and/or RN, provides physical care as part of the multidisciplinary team, in accordance with the Hospital mission, physician and patient expectations.