South Lake Hospital is centrally located in Clermont, Florida, which combines the appeal of suburban life with easy access to Orlando, all of the major theme parks, and beautiful beaches on both coasts. At South Lake Hospital, our mission is to improve the health and quality of life of the individuals and communities in South Lake County. Our 160-acre health, wellness, and education campus provides a complete continuum of quality care. With 170 beds, and more than 1,500 employees, we offer a variety of medical services including diagnostic imaging, orthopedics, robotic surgery, urology, women's services, and our cardiac catheterization laboratory.
Performs general resident care to residents under the direction and supervision of the Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse.
* Assists residents with hygiene, mobility, hydration, elimination and nutritional needs.
* Provides routine treatments and maintains a safe, clean, neat, and organized resident environment.
* Maintains safety and security of residents, families, self, and other members of the healthcare team.
* Assures resident privacy, rights, and confidentiality.
* Follows standard precautions, always washes hands between residents.
* Assists with admission, transfer, and discharge of residents.
* Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, pulse, respiratory rates, food and fluid intake and output as directed.
* Obtains data and accurately documents pertinent resident information according to Orlando Health specific policies and guidelines.
* Recognizes and communicates appropriate information and safety concerns regarding the resident's condition to the LPN/RN and or other members of the healthcare team.
* Participates in handoff report and purposeful hourly rounding of residents.
* Provides exceptional service and or care to all residents, families, customers and team members.
* Demonstrates competency in specific tasks and skills as defined by Orlando Health and unit specific competencies.
* Maintains a clean, neat, safe and organized nursing unit.
* Receives and processes incoming phone calls, resident call lights and guest requests.
* Transports and delivers items, equipment, blood products, and medications (excluding controlled substances and IV chemotherapy drugs) throughout the facility.
* May have limited access to areas storing medications.
* Depending on assignment, may be responsible for the following transport duties:
* Transports residents and/or staff for appoints or events.
* Observes residents' behavior while riding the bus or van and reports as needed.
* Documents and retains all receipts from tolls, gas charges, repairs, and monthly trip log to submit to Accounting monthly.
* Reports all incidents/accidents immediately; reports all unsafe/hazardous conditions/equipment immediately.
* Ensures the vehicles are in safe condition for transport.
* Recommends to the Director of Plant Operations the vehicles' maintenance needs (i.e., new tires, oil changes, brake inspections).
* Assures that all residents are free from personal, physical, and mental abuse during transport.
* Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
* Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
* Enthusiastically supports and participates in planned changes.
* Participates in nursing Performance Improvement activities as assigned.
* Demonstrates awareness of legal issues, resident rights and compliance with the standards of regulatory and accrediting agencies.
* Consistently utilizes time and resources effectively and efficiently.
* Attends facility, unit staff meetings and in-services according to policy.
* Completes all mandatory training.
* Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide appropriate care based on principles of growth and development over the life span.
* Possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the resident's status and interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each resident's requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs.
Must be able to demonstrate reading, verbal and written communication, mathematical, and reasoning skills.
Training to successfully pass CNA licensure examination.
Maintains current Florida CNA license renewed every two years.
Maintains current BLS certification.
May be required to maintain a valid Florida driver's license and must be insurable under the Orlando Health insurance carrier's requirements and standards.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled