Vashon Community Care, located on beautiful Vashon Island, is like no other. As a Transforming Age community we are part of a network of services, products and partnerships dedicated to transforming the perception of age and enhancing the lives of older adults.
The VCC team is excited to share we are looking for caring, passionate and energetic CNA's to join our team!
Why Vashon Community Care?
- 56 bed assisted living community with AL and Memory Support (NEW)care levels
- A legacy community built and supported by the island community.
- A home for our Elders who are rich in knowledge, where wisdom is cherished and care is provided with dignity as they enrich the lives of our TA family.
- Work/Life Balance: where hard work is valued, but time for renewal is cherished.
- Excellent benefits: medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Culture of excellence and a commitment to team where we strive to fill the lives of our residents with purpose, safety and wellness
- Diversity matters: Ideas are valued, and collaboration is encouraged
What do our CNA's do?
- Read, understand, and follow the resident’s individually designed ADL directives
- Make accurate chart notes daily on residents’ conditions, and chart on flow sheets and report any changes to supervisor
- Assist residents with toileting, oral hygiene, bathing, grooming, nail clipping, and dressing
- Assist in serving meals, leading and attending activities
- Remain current with all changes regarding residents and department operations; check schedules and activities to assist residents as necessary
- Assist in the admission and discharge of residents
- Record vital signs and conditions on a scheduled basis or as needed
- Provide verbal and physical assists to residents in transfers/ambulation
- Answer lights and other calls for assistance promptly and report any possible safety hazards
- Maintain neat and clean work areas
- Keep resident rooms in order; provides comfortable, clean, safe environment at all times; dress residents as conditions require
- Ensure assigned residents are provided an opportunity to participate in social, physical, creative, and spiritual activities of their choice
What are we looking for?
- High school diploma or equivalent plus additional specialized training
- Must have a current Certified Nursing Assistant license in good standing
- Must have current CPR/First Aid certification
- Understand follow written and verbal instructions and work within standard policy and procedures
- Must be able to read and write sufficiently in order to complete responsibilities of the position
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English with residents and staff
We have fun at work. We laugh a lot! We work hard. We care deeply about our mission, community and each other. That is why here at Vashon Community Care (VCC) we are a drug and alcohol-free employer. Criminal background and drug test will be required upon a contingent offer of employment.
We are excited to hear from you! Come join us and help us fulfill our vision to Transform the Perception of Age.JB.0.00.LN