The COTA may conduct general activity programs and supportive or maintenance programs. He/she may not plan or evaluate individual or group treatment needs, but can may make recommendations to the supervising OTR for consideration.
- Conduct individual and/or group therapy sessions according to individual needs
- Participate in staff meetings and conferences indicated to review progressProvide assistance to staff regarding concerns pertaining to occupational therapy and assist staff in maintaining open communication with parents concerning occupational therapy problems
- Maintain accurate records of services provided for statistical and billing purposes
- Maintain current daily notes
- Assist with IEP development
- Adhere to policies and procedures of Hopebridge
- Assist in providing a safe environment for all patients and staff
- Assist with problem solving to improve efficiency within the Center
- Portray a positive attitude and maintain a customer and coworker satisfaction level that limits adverse situations or complaints
- Promote Center philosophies, generating team spirit and creating and maintaining and environment that fosters staff satisfaction, maximizes productivity and profitability
- Attend meetings and training as requested
- Clinical Reasoning and Judgement
- Customer Service/Client-focus
- Attitude Towards Others
- Commitment to the Job
- Handling Stress
- Minimum of Associate’s degree in Occupational Therapy
- Currently licensed certified occupational therapy assistant and registered with American Occupational Therapy Association and certified by the Indiana Occupational Therapy Committee
- Must possess or be capable of obtaining and maintaining a CPR certification
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Must have full physical dexterity/agility or be able to independently position self and perform all movements required for effective treatment of each individual
- Must have sufficient corrected or uncorrected vision to carry out all duties and responsibilities.
- Need to be able to lift and carry pediatric population (weight ranging from 5 to 50 lbs.)
- Reasonable accommodations will be provided to assist or enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position, upon request.
- Multidisciplinary clinic that uses collaborative approach
- Inside office workplace where patients meet with therapists
- Comfortable environment for children and parents
The above statements reflect general functions of this job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements inherent in this job. The immediate supervisor may elaborate on or add to the above list if the duties come within the employee’s realm of responsibility.
Hopebridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws