Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
The Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant is responsible, under the supervision of the Occupational Therapist for the
therapeutic implementation of programs to treat illnesses and injuries which impede independent functioning of work, self care and
play activities. Clinical responsibilities are outlined in the AOTA scope of practice.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Functions within hospital guidelines and OT Scope of Practice for evaluation, treatment, and documentation.
- Performs specific testing in evaluation and tratment process appropriate for diagnosis, functional level, and unique needs of patient'sage.
- Maintains CEU and other licensure requirements including appropriate supervision of students, and therapy care partners andprovides staff education as appropriate.
- Demonstrates adaptability to provide evaluation and treatment in all work areas across continuum of care as required by census.
- Performs behavioral modification for appropriate return into community for patients with brain injury. This work must be performed both individually and in groups, both inside of the hospital and on community outings.
- Communicates effectively with physicians and other health care professionals regarding clarification of orders, plans of care, other pertinent information, and patient progress / status.
- Attends required meetings and in-services and participates positively on task teams and in group discussions.
- Adheres to hospital and departmental policies and procedures including ethical conduct, Mercy Core values, and fostering a positive work environment.
- Maintains productivity standards and participates in PI activities as identified per PM&R program.
Certification from NBCOT
BLS Certification from AHA
Current Ohio driver's license and vehicle insurance.
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
cheduled Weekly Hours:
Days (United States of America)
Occupational Therapy - St. Rita's - IP
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Ashland, Kentucky, which is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org