Education: Certified as a Technician (COTs) or Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COAs) through the Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology.
Experience: Two years experience in a medical field. Two years ophthalmology experience preferred.
Other Requirements:CPR certification.
- Duties will be perform with an Oculoplastic Surgeon
- Reviews patients general history form.
- Performs a series of ophthalmic tests and documents results for physician review. Performs additional testing as requested by the physician.
- Instills medication upon physicians request.
- Performs generalized maintenance, cleaning, and basic repair of equipment.
- Must be able to perform refractions.
- Assist with surgical procedures.