Merakey is currently seeking an Certified Peer Specialist to join our Adult Behavioral Health Division in our Lehighton, PA location.
* Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country.
* We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
* We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With our experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone within our communities to reach their fullest potential.
* With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000 employees, Merakey, formerly NHS, provides care to over 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, Louisiana, Michigan and Tennessee
WHAT MERAKEY HAS TO OFFER
* The stability that comes with working for a national leader providing education and human services to individuals with special needs
* Highly competitive compensation plans
* Career advancement opportunities in a rapidly growing company
* Flexible scheduling
* Benefits for all employees including marketplace savings program (discounts on cell phone plans, shopping, travel and more); Wellness programs (including discounted gym memberships, mail order prescription plans); legal and financial services; 24-hour nurse hotline; life/disability coverage; and Employee Assistance Program
* Benefits for qualifying employees including medical, dental & vision coverage; flexible spending account; 403B retirement plan with company contribution
* Generous PTO plans including vacation, sick, and holiday pay for qualifying employees
Position summary or overview. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
* The Certified Peer Specialist provides direct care to those in recovery of their mental illness.
* In doing so, they develop recovery goals to assist the individuals in areas that they are in need.
* Each individual CPS will communicate, document and review cases with supervisors about the clients that they serve.
* You must have a current Certified Peer Specialist Certification
In addition to completing your application, please feel free to email your resume directly to our recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org
Requisition Number: 45403
MERAKEY is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
* Must have received Peer Specialist Certification upon graduation of the Certified Peer Specialist Training.
* In addition, must have a high school diploma or general equivalence degree (GED) and within the last 3 years has maintained at least 12 months of successful full or part time paid or voluntary work experience, or obtained at least 24 credit hours of post secondary education
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled