Responsible for assisting the pharmacists in pharmaceutical preparation, distribution and the record keeping functions in the delivery of pharmaceutical supplies to patients in accordance with department policies and procedures. Assists in control and accountability for all medications in the hospital including aspects of inventory control such as medication ordering. Perform system maintenance and basic trouble shooting for pharmacy operating systems such as Pyxis. Provides assistance to nursing staff with ADC questions/problems.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Formal Pharmacy Technician training course preferred. Have knowledge of controlled substance dispensing, general billing process, IV admixture certified or trained, cassette filling, physician order processing, order entry and must know categories of medications.
- Must be able to consistently complete workloads in all areas of pharmacy.
- Prefer experience as hospital pharmacy technician or evidence of satisfactory completion of a formal hospital training program including advanced IV and chemo training.
- Current certification as a Pharmacy Technician with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy.