- When a guest enters my area or department, my first and most important responsibility becomes to acknowledge, greet, and engage that guest
- Responsible to our guests and for building a reputation for ultimate guest service
- Responsible for handling of prescriptions, counting, labeling and reconstituting prescriptions
- Maintain confidentiality when handling patient records.
- Maintain guest charge and delivery records.
- Mail out prescriptions
- Responsible for calling physicians’ offices for refills
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be registered with the State Board of Pharmacy
- Must have earned and maintain PTCB certification through the designated PTCB training program and/or state required registration
- Must maintain required continuing education and renew license as required by State Board
- Flexible schedules, including evening and weekend hours required
- Experience in retail pharmacy is a plus
- Pharmacy team will train, but individual must have the ability to complete on the job training and exam which includes, but not limited to:
- Guest service duties, efficient utilization of pharmacy technology (computer, email, etc.)
- Prescription input and preparation
- Pharmacy inventory control
- Pharmacy related math
- Must pose knowledge of Pharmacy related law
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Perform all other physical aspects of the job including bending, squatting, lifting, climbing, standing and walking for 8-10 hour period
- Ability to function as a team member and get along with others
- Ability to accept supervisory coaching related to performance, work habits and attitude.
This job description is intended to provide a high-level of general requirements for this position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure proper operations.
Ultimate Service Superior Performance Positive Impact