Assists pharmacists in preparing and distributing medications, maintaining the drug inventory, and maintain patient records. Pharmacy charge technicians work only under the supervision of a registered pharmacist. They do not perform duties that can legally be performed only by a registered pharmacist.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician--Texas Board of Pharmacy Required
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1 year experience preferred
- Specialized Training
- Sterile compounding certification preferred. Competency in Unit Dose Machine, Competency in management of pharmacy automation.
- Other Skills/Competencies
- Ability to perform the essential functions of this position, with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to the health and safety of self or others. Ability to comply with all Good Shepherd policies and procedures that are job-related and consistent with business necessity. Ability to effectively communicate with patients and provide competent care as appropriate to the ages of patients served by this position.
- Computer Skills
- Computer literacy is desired.