Title: Certified Pharmacy Technician
Schedule: Full time - rotates every other weekend and holiday.
This position will work approximately 40 hours a week at the main campus location 2139 Auburn Ave Cincinnati, OH 45219.
Job Overview: Under the direct supervision of the Director of Pharmacy, Assistant Directors, Technician Supervisor, Pharmacists, and according to the standard procedures, a Certified PharmacyTechnician assists in the preparation and distribution of medications.
The Certified Pharmacy Technician may perform the following duties:
- Prepares medications according to prescription or physician order; unit dose, IV room, outpatient RX area.
- Uses technology in the department.
- Delivery-Includes the transportation of medications from the pharmacy to areas outside the pharmacy. This includes medication cart delivery, IV run and unit dose run. Runs delivered at the correct "run time", and delivered to the correct area, refrigerator vs cart.
- Assists the Pharmacist in daily activities.
- Answers telephone, receiving and relaying messages as needed.
- Re-orders drugs and supplies when stock is low or predetermined stock level indicated.
- Rotates stock, checks expiration dates and cleans assigned area.
- Performs as a receptionist at the RX window. Distributing medications and orders for the correct department and patient. Fills out appropriate paperwork for distribution of medications, RX pads, and RX computer paper. Answers and directs phone calls, and assists with any issues.
- Follows departmental and hospital safety policies and procedures.
Education: High School Diploma/ GED
Licenses & Certifications: The person has passed an examination approved by the Ohio State Board of Pharmacy.
Skills/Experience: Hospital experience is preferred but not required.
There are many ways to define excellence. For us at The Christ Hospital, it’s all about our patients...And making healthcare what they want it to be. Accessible. Personal. Affordable.
Our commitment toexceptional outcomes,affordable careand the finestpatient experiencesis recognized yearly with numerous awards from leading healthcare organizations and publications. At the top of our list of honors are the 17 consecutive years that we’ve been named to U.S. News & World Report’s list of Best Hospitals and being named the Most Preferred Hospital by the Greater Cincinnati community for 21 consecutive years (National Research Corporation).
What does this mean for you?
GROWTH- opportunities to learn, develop, and impact.
VALUE- a robust employee package that provides you the ability to maintain a healthy work-life balance, competitive compensation, flexible and meaningful benefits, development opportunities so you can be your best self, and a culture of compassion.
PRIDE- from all that we have accomplished in our past, and all that we’re positioned for in the future.
CHALLENGE- we are in one of the most competitive markets in the nation, yet continue to rise to the top through our incredible employees and transformational results. We seek individuals motivated by what it takes to be a part of a winning team.
Named #24 on Forbes 500 America’s Best Employers for 2017, we are transforming care…inspired by you.