The Certified Pharmacy Technician assists the pharmacist in the dispensing functions of the institutional pharmacy department.
- High school diploma (or equivalent) preferred
- Knowledge of institutional medication dispensing functions, controlled substance procedures, billing and crediting procedures, inventory control procedures, automated dispensing cabinet operation, medication categories and requirements
- Basic computer operations
- Ability to prioritize tasks and consistently complete workload
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- No previous required, but preferred
- Louisiana Board of Pharmacy Certification required