The CPO Consultant will be responsible for consulting with dealerships on ways to improve their Certified-Pre-Owned sales, while also training dealership staff. The ideal candidate will be a quick learner, an excellent facilitator, and have top-notch communication skills.
Candidates should have experience in automotive Certified Pre-Owned programs, in-depth knowledge of used-vehicle markets, and hospitality/customer experience training.
- Consult client’s automotive dealerships on ways to improve their Certified Pre-Owned program
- Consult with dealer executive level management to evaluate business goals, dealership strategies and consulting visit objectives
- Identify process workflow gaps and create solutions and best practices that drive dealership efficiency, sales and profit margin.
- Measure every process and implement a metric to measure the success of each process
- Best practice recommendations and consulting
- Guide dealerships by utilizing analytics, tools and resources to drive measurable CPO results.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with your assigned dealerships and their staff through personal integrity, expertise, and follow through.
- Manage assigned markets, schedule and results.
- Perform weekly administrative duties (expense reporting, status updates, travel planning, etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum 10+ years automotive in-dealership consulting experience
- Automotive Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) experience, ideally at a Subject Matter Expert (SME) level or possessing a 360° view of the potential that Certified Pre-Owned represents
- Strong knowledge of programs that will assist in growing the CPO retailer business, e.g., Auto Alert and AutoFi
- Ability to deliver an informative and engaging experience, either in-person or virtually, with excellent facilitation, presentation and coaching skills
- Ability to engage dealership personnel at all levels (including management) and respond to questions/concerns in a positive manner
- Extensive Microsoft Office knowledge (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) with competency in presenting data in easy to understand charts and graphs
- Superior oral and written communication skills, preferably fluent in Spanish and English
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must be flexible enough to respond positively to changes in schedule based on client needs
- Available to travel, 75-100%.
- Physical Activities—Reaching, sitting, driving, standing, stooping, lifting, walking, typing, grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
- Visual Acuity—Close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data, view computer monitors, and read.