About Sequoia Hospital – Hello Humankindness
Dignity Health Sequoia Hospital is an accredited, not-for-profit community hospital providing innovative and exceptional health care for generations of Bay Area residents. Sequoia’s Heart and Vascular Institute is a nationally known pioneer in advanced cardiac care, affiliated with the Cleveland Clinic Heart and Vascular Institute. Sequoia has received national recognition from Healthgrades for superior patient safety and was named as one of America’s top 100 hospitals for cardiac care. Our Total Joint Replacement program is a designated Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacement. Our Birth Center is consistently ranked as a favorite among Peninsula families. We are also known for our comprehensive emergency care and leading-edge tomosynthesis 3-D mammogram technology. Our Pavilion combines the most advanced medical and surgical services with a unique healing environment, including private, spacious rooms and inviting garden areas.
Learn more about us, our awards, and some of our services:
- Heart Surgery
This position is responsible for the operation and provision of Pulmonary Function Testing services under the direction of the Medical Director of Pulmonary Services and Department Manager of Cardiopulmonary Services. The Pulmonary Function Technician also crosses over into Pulmonary Services Department and functions as a Respiratory Care Practitioner. See job description for Respiratory Care Practitioner. In accordance with the mission and philosophy of Catholic Healthcare West, the (patient care job title) is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care for patients and their families. Incumbents in this position shall comply with all applicable laws and rules including the Dignity Health Standards of Conduct and Dignity Health policies and procedures that apply to his/her job responsibilities, seek guidance when in doubt, promptly report any potential or suspected violation of Dignity Health Standards of Conduct, Dignity Health policy or procedure or applicable laws/regulations and when requested, assist Dignity Health personnel in investigating all allegations of violation. When called upon, the incumbent shall assist in risk evaluation and work collaboratively with facility/entity leaders to implement, monitor and mitigate risk corrective plans outlined by the Compliance program.
- Two years of recent experience in cardiopulmonary testing and demonstrated proficiency.
- Certificate of completion from an accredited two year Respiratory Therapy Program.
- Completion of annual safety training. Completes and maintains required unit specific training.
- Must be Certified Pulmonary Function technologist or Registered Pulmonary Function Technologist preferred
- Current licensure by the State of California Board of Respiratory Care as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (CT RCP) Registered by the National Board for respiratory Care or obtain registration within one year of hire date. (RG RRT)
- Current certification in Basic Life Support for healthcare providers (CT CPRBLS)
- Certified in Neonatal Advanced Life Support or obtain certification within six months of hire date. NALS is NOT required for employees in per diem, non-benefit status. (CT NRP) Current certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (CT ACLS)
- ACLS (CT ACLS), BASIC LIFE SUPPORT-AHA (CT CPRBLS), CT NRP, RESP CARE PRACTITIONER/CRT (CTRCP), RG RRT