The Sterile Processing Technician cares for and maintains all surgical instrumentation and sets up supplies and instruments for surgery cases. This position is also responsible for part time scrub tech responsibilities.
- Must be a Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2-3 years experience as Instrument Room Technician.
- Experience with all types of sterilizers.
- Knows operating room instrumentation.
- Organized in setting up operating room instrument tray.
- Understands operation of steam/ gravity sterilizer.
- Understands Sterrad sterilizers.
- Ability to prepare reports and keep records.
- Familiarity with medical terminology and departmental supply items is required.
- MUST have experience in Scrubbing multiple procedures including orthopedics.
Experience in scrubbing surgical procedures and certified in Sterile Processing