Organization: Adventist Health White Memorial
Primary Location: United States-California-Los Angeles
Job Posting: Feb 6, 2020, 7:41:37 PM
Shift: Day Shift
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Certified Sterile Processing Technician who:
Processes and serilizes surgical and hospital instruments and equipment. Assembles surgical instrument sets and trays. Distributes patient care supplies and equipment.
- Decontaminates and processes instruments, including compiling instrument sets, counting instruments and recording counts. Sterilizes instruments, trays, basins, etc. with the appropriate exposure/dry times. Prepares instruments for immediate use sterilization when necessary. Maintains a clean and orderly environment in the department by daily wiping of counters, sinks, exterior surface of autoclaves and high disinfection equipment. Cleans the autoclave chambers on a weekly basis. Assists Operating Room Housekeeping with room turn over, terminal cleaning of Operating Room suites, and daily duties, if necessary. Assists with picking supplies/instruments for upcoming cases.
- Performs daily diagnostic testing on sterilizing equipment, including test packs, biological indicators and diagnostic cycle for Endoscope Processors. Evaluates instruments for function and safety when reprocessing. Provides reprocessing services for ancillary department instruments, including Emergency Room, Respiratory Therapy, Physical Therapy, Radiology.
- Identifies and evaluates loaner instruments prior to processing. Records loaner information in a log for tracking. Maintains Biological Incubator and log; evaluates for biological test results.
- Provides technical services and assists in operating room, recovery, outpatient endoscopy, and central sterile as assigned and directed. Works under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN) and reports to the perioperative services manager.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- High School Education/GED or equivalent: Preferred
- Associate's/Technical Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Preferred
- Sterile Processing Technician certification: Required