***Full-Time 6:30am - 3:00pm***
Performs technical skills and assists the surgeons, anesthesia personnel, registered nurses, and other professionals in the operating room.
Education & Training High school diploma. Graduation from a formal accredited surgical technician training program preferred.
Required Licenses/Certifications: BLS. CST or eligible to practice in accordance with Texas House Bill 643
Work Experience: 1 year multi-procedure OR experience preferred.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions: Ability to stand/walk between 6 to 8 hours, and sit between 1 to 2 hours. Requires the motion to bend, squat, reach, lift, carry, push, and pull 1/3 or more of the time. Continuous use of hands and feet in gross and precise motor function. Lift up to 100 pounds 1/3 or more of the time. Body fluid exposure
Special Requirements: Verbal and writing ability required to communicate effectively in informing employees of activities and policies. Numerical ability required. Ability to receive, comprehend, and carry out instructions; ability to work safely with equipment, supplies, and materials; ability to comply with attendance requirements; ability to comply with Human Resource policies. Handle multiple priorities. Manage anger, fear, hostility, and stress appropriately. Work alone and with others effectively. Work in close proximity to others and in a distracting environment. Working knowledge of medical
• Performs technical skills and assists the surgeons, anesthesia personnel, registered nurses, and other professionals in the operating room
• Safely operate all electro surgical, diagnostic, microscopic laser, video equipment, disposable equipment, as well as equipment unique to each specialty area
• Updates and rewrites preference cards as indicated
• In conjunction with the RN, conducts accurate sponge, needle, and instrument counts according to departmental policies.
• Monitors for and calls attention to breaks in technique. Communicates to the circulating RN and surgeons breaks in technique.
• Trains and assists (environmental services) turnover teams with operating room protocol and procedures for new and existing team members.
• Attends all mandatory education programs and can describe his/her responsibilities related to general safety and regulatory compliance.
• Attends all required department-specific education and training programs and can describe his/her responsibilities related to department safety and specific job related hazards.
• Demonstrates proper body mechanics in all functions.
• Wears proper identification while on duty.
• Perform other duties as assigned