Full Time CVOR Certified Surgical Tech at AdventHealth Ocala Address: "Insert Facility Address Here"
- Horse Capital of the World
- Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
- Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
- Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
- Spectacular springs throughout the county
- Maintains proper body alignment of the patient when assisting with positioning patients for procedures.
- Utilizes proper aseptic and sterile technique, and appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Utilizes aseptic technique in preparation of sterile supplies and maintains the sterile field at all times. Assists with monitoring all members of the team for aseptic and sterile technique compliance.
- Monitors and reports variances in standards of practice utilizing the chain of command in a timely manner.
- Adheres to AORN Guidelines in maintaining cleanliness in the work area.
- Ensures all equipment is in working order and appropriately and timely reports and/or corrects deficiencies with equipment or the operating room environment. Removes malfunctioning equipment/instruments per policy.
- Proactively participates in the safe procedure review process. Adheres to policies regarding handling and removing of bio hazardous materials.
- Adheres to the surgical count procedure per policy.
- Demonstrates competence in scrubbing with and assisting the physician by utilizing appropriate priority-setting skills and anticipating the surgeons needs during routine and emergent procedures. Works efficiently to provide prompt access to sterile items.
- Adheres to the Surgical Attire (Dress Code) in Sterile Invasive Procedure and Instrument Processing Departments policy.
- Appropriately precleans instruments at the point of use for terminal sterilization.
- Serves as an advocate for their patients' safety and comfort.
What You Will Need:
- High school Diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of an Accredited Surgical Technologist Program
- CST certification obtained through the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) or Tech in Surgery - Certified (ST-C) obtained through the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) / BLS
- One year experience as a Surgical Technologist preferred. Will accept new graduates of an accredited program preferred
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.