AdventHealth Daytona Beach
Location Address: 301 Memorial Medical Parkway Daytona Beach, FL 32117
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Daytona Beach
- Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
- Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of sunny Daytona Beach, FL.
Part Time 24 hours 2 days per week; on call Days and Nights
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Ensures supplies, instruments, and equipment are available for all surgical procedures.
- Participates in room set up, pre-procedure preparations, intra-operative positioning, prepping and draping, and room turn over independently or as directed.
- Assists with the safe transfer and positioning of patients as needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of sterilization techniques for all equipment utilized on assigned procedures
- Demonstrates flexibility and understanding of assigned work duties. Adapts to changes in assigned duties as directed.
- Prioritizes work responsibilities appropriately. Proactively assists others with minimal supervision including non-patient care activities (maintaining procedures supplies, sterilization of instruments and environment of care.)
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills, maintains patient confidentiality and interacts with all internal and external customers in a professional and courteous manner
- Speaks positively to and about co-workers and the organization
- Adheres to all hospital and departmental safety initiatives.
- Promotes a safe environment and reports unsafe environmental and quality concerns to their immediate supervisor.
- Performs job duties with consistent levels of accuracy and completeness within acceptable time frames.
- Assists the surgeon during surgical procedures, anticipating need of the surgeon with a consistent level of competency.
- Assists in room turn over. Assists in stocking rooms and updating supplies.
- Maintains and monitors sterile field and demonstrates understanding of proper aseptic technique.
- Picks supplies and equipment for surgical cases utilizing physician preference cards.
- Participates in transporting instruments from Birth Care Center to Central Processing for sterilization and pick up sterilized instruments from Central Processing to Birth Care Center.
- Required to participate in the on-call schedule as assigned.
- Demonstrates competency in all procedures within Scope of Practice, as appropriate to the ages of the patient, adult and adolescent, maintains knowledge of growth and development with an understanding of the range of treatment needed by the patient.
- Reports malfunctioning equipment to clinical engineering and charge nurse or nurse manager.
- Notifies charge nurse or nurse manager of potential ethical or legal issues. Communicates concerns to the appropriate personnel.
- Demonstrates awareness of patient rights and functions as patient advocate.
- Performs any related duties as assigned.
- Occasionally trains others, as in orientation of new employees, preceptor of co-workers learning new skills or preceptor of scrub tech students.
- The first assistant is responsible to cross-train and assist with the scrub tech and secretarial position.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Graduate of an accredited surgical technology approved program or military trained surgical technologist with five (5) years minimum experience.
- Two (2) years previous experience as a surgical technologist required.
- BLS certification required.
- Demonstration of Completion of an accredited first assistant program or completion of wound closure course required.
- Certification in Surgical Technology is required.
- Requires ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate clear communication skills and strong anticipatory skills.
- Manual dexterity, lifting, pulling, pushing of equipment, heavy instrument sets and patients required.
- Knowledge of obstetrical surgical instrumentation required.
- Experience with wound closure techniques required.
- Multi-tasking, organization and ability to make sound judgment required.
- The ability to work under stressful circumstances.
The Obstetrical Certified Scrub Technician – First Assistant, is a member of the obstetrical healthcare team who provides surgical support to the surgeon and surgical team for safe operation and optimal outcome for patients. This position requires an expanded knowledge of surgical instrumentation, surgical techniques, human anatomy, surgical retracting and wound closure. This position assists in the preparation of supplies and equipment for surgical procedures and provides the appropriate instrumentation necessary for the surgeon to perform these procedures. The first assistant is responsible to maintain current knowledge of trends in the operating room, including new products, procedures and physician techniques. All activities associated with the role of the first assistant are under the direct supervision of the perinatal registered nurse or the operating surgeon.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.