Certified Surgical Tech Operating Room AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach
Location Address: 401 Palmetto Street, New Smyrna, Florida 32168
- $5,000.00 Sign on Bonus, $3000.00 relocation incentive
- Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of sunny New Smyrna Beach, FL.
- Full Time, Days
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of the principles of aseptic technique in accordance with AORN recommended standards.
- Assists with appropriate preparation of instruments and equipment for decontamination or terminal sterilization as requested.
- Understands the preoperative diagnosis, common complications and operative pathology relating to specific surgical procedures.
- Utilizes surgeon’s preference cards to appropriately execute a plan of care during the surgical procedure.
- Selects and prepares necessary supplies and equipment.
- Checks all equipment for working order.
- Verifies exposure to sterilization and integrity of sterile packaging. Opens supplies aseptically.
- Establishes and maintains a sterile field for each surgical procedure.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Successful completion of an accredited school for Surgical Technology.
- Certification as Surgical Technician
- BLS Required.
The surgical technologist actively participates in the preparation and management of supply inventories, surgical equipment, operating room suite readiness and clinical/technical assistance as directed while performing operative and invasive procedures. This position requires knowledge of surgical instrumentation, the ability to prepare and or assemble complex mechanical devices, sequential planning, and knowledge of fundamental anatomy, strong anticipatory skills and dexterity. This position is also responsible to keep abreast of new products, procedures and physician techniques. The surgical technologist supports Surgical, CVOR and GI services to provide an effective and safe patient/staff environment. All activities associated with the role of the surgical technologist are under the direct supervision of the perioperative registered nurse and operating surgeon.